Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for straight pins for quilting

Blog Entries
    Haven't seen this topic yet. I'm not talking about safety pins for sandwiching, but straight pins. My cousin was over sewing last weekend and brought her own pins. they were extra long (1 7/8 - 2" ) and had glass heads. They were VERY sharp and thin and wonderful to work with. They just slid into the fabric. She thought they were Fons & Porter, but she was either mistaken or they have discontinued them. Anyone know which ones I'm talking about and can point me to the correct brand or site where they are sold???

Thanks!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Haven't seen this topic yet. I'm not talking about safety pins for sandwiching, but straight pins. My cousin was over sewing last weekend and brought her own pins. they were extra long (1 7/8 - 2" ) and had glass heads. They were VERY sharp and thin and wonderful to work with. They just slid into the fabric. She thought they were Fons & Porter, but she was either mistaken or they have discontinued them. Anyone know which ones I'm talking about and can point me to the correct brand or site where they are sold???

Thanks!
    Nancy
    have you tried google yet? I'm sure you'll be able to find them that way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    That's the problem, when you google quilt pins you come up with a zillion hits. Need a brand name to narrow it down! ;-)

They are not Fons & Porter as my cousin thought.

I know what ur talking about.. I love mine.. ( sorry dont know when or where I got them...been too long)

I'm sure it was either Walmart/Hobby Lobby/ or Hancocks ( I'm thinking Hancocks) That used to be the only places I got stuff like that...
    good luck

Clover brand is what mine are.... ( still have the box!!)

try.......http://cgi.ebay.com/Clover-Quilters-...item5636f7d186

Blog Entries
    Found these on Amazon. I did a search for two inch fine quilt pins and this is one of the answers I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Clover-Quiltin.../dp/B001DZYKRK

Mine are made by Clover, 1 7/8" long, and as you say, very sharp! They had two colors in the package, blue and yellow.

I got some Fons & Porter ones like that @ Joann's.

I am pretty sure I have the pins you are talking about. They have small heads. Mine are light blue and yellow. They are long, as you said, and very sharp and thin and yes they go in like butter. I get them at JoAnn's. They don't always have them. I looked online and didn't see them, but I always get them in the store. They are my favorites and I am using them with Pinmoors. Let me know if you don't find them and I will pick them up for you and send them to you. They are a little more expensive and there aren't that many in the package, maybe 50 or 60 max. Good luck. Gerry

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    That's the problem, when you google quilt pins you come up with a zillion hits. Need a brand name to narrow it down! ;-)

They are not Fons & Porter as my cousin thought.
    try this go to http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...+pins+100+pkg.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
    Mine are made by Clover, 1 7/8" long, and as you say, very sharp! They had two colors in the package, blue and yellow.
    OK, thanks for your testimonial! I saw the Clover's when I did my initial search. The heads now are orange & green, but her's were multi-colored and I wanted to make sure they were the right ones, before I spent $10 for a packet. Found them at Overstock for $8.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast