Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for " what to buy a quilter"

Blog Entries

Looking for " what to buy a quilter"

Somewhere over Christmas I have seen a thread about gifts for a quilter. I have looked at back threads and. Still can't find it. I have done the search but still not find it. Anyone out there excellent at finding it.?
    Finished is better than a UFO

I'd want a gift card to my favorite quilt store!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

I agree with 117becca. You can't go wrong with a gift card to a local quilt shop or fabric store.
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

Gift card would be what I would want the most...that way I could buy what I really want/need. Unless the shop owner would know a person well enough to know exactly what they would want, it would be hard to buy something for someone that is a quilter. They probably have all the tools they need, and would prefer to pick out fabric themselves. Maybe a book if it was brand new, but even then, the person may or may not want that book. Safest would be the gift card, maybe with a charm pack of fabric if you want to give something else.

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    Gift card would be what I would want the most...that way I could buy what I really want/need. Unless the shop owner would know a person well enough to know exactly what they would want, it would be hard to buy something for someone that is a quilter. They probably have all the tools they need, and would prefer to pick out fabric themselves. Maybe a book if it was brand new, but even then, the person may or may not want that book. Safest would be the gift card, maybe with a charm pack of fabric if you want to give something else.
    We have a church that asks us each year in July what we want. I've been giving them EXACT things I'd like. This year I asked for one of two bargello books and yes, I got one of them! I'm so pleased. I provided links to Amazon and it worked great.

But if I lived in the states a gift card would work just as well, or cash in an envelope as well.