Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for WOF in four inch cuts as a kit >

looking for WOF in four inch cuts as a kit

looking for WOF in four inch cuts as a kit

Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM

Default looking for WOF in four inch cuts as a kit

A good friend of mine gave me a kit that had 4" strips WOF as pre cuts. She can't remember where she found them....somewhere between Illinois and Texas. Loved them as she had more. There is about 20 different fabrics in it. I have looked at several on line places and so far no one carries them. I believe the kit was called Lasagne..(sp).. but is is supposed to be noodles. Can anyone help me find them. Thanks to any help you can give me.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Not heard of this particular precut size. Moda used to make 'dessert rolls', but they were 5" wide and I think they've been discontinued. I'm wondering if it's something that a particular LQS just cut themselves. There is a Lasagna quilt pattern, but it uses 2.5" strips.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

i've never heard of them and cannot find anything like it on google. my thought is that it was a specialty of a quilt shop that your friend visited.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:28 PM

My thoughts also. I really wanted it due to the fact they were using a complete (i believe) series of fabrics. lazy me I did not want to choose 20 fabrics that work together. Plus it seems as if no one carries all of them. I also feel that I would be buying more fabric than needed as fabric is never cut on the straight and must buy extra to get a true straight of grain cut. Told friend that the next time she went to Texas to check out the quilt stores she frequents on her trips..So far she and her husband have not been in good health the past few months and have not been able to drive that many hours. Thanks for your replies.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM

I doubt that you are going to find a kit, but you can make your own. Go to Jo's Country Junction and click on Quilt Strip Calculator, or just google it as Lasagne Quilt, Quilt Strip Calculator. With the calculator, you can put in any width of strip, length of strip, and length and width of desired quilt, and it tells you how many strips to cut.

For a noodle quilt, google that and look at all the quilt links.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:47 PM

elnan, Thank you for the link.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Do you know what fabric line was in the strips? I've found that some manufacturers make precuts using odd sizes, for instance the Tonga 6-pack is made up of 6" strips. If you know the manufacturer you might be able to find more of the 4" strips.