Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lost51? >

lost51?

lost51?

Old 06-25-2010, 01:58 AM

i have a question for "billy"[?] i have a chance to buy a 1920singer in a cabinet for $75.haven't seen it yet,have appt. for tomorrowit's in my home town,so wouldn't be a wasted tip if it's not worth the money.the serial#d1134019.can't remember if it was on e-bay or craig's list[i think craigs]
can you tell me anything regarding this machine ? ANY help would be appreciated.thanx in advance,dar
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 AM
Google Goddess

please send him a private message as he might find it faster
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 AM

I would try PM'ing him.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dar627742
i have a question for "billy"[?] i have a chance to buy a 1920singer in a cabinet for $75.haven't seen it yet,have appt. for tomorrowit's in my home town,so wouldn't be a wasted tip if it's not worth the money.the serial#d1134019.can't remember if it was on e-bay or craig's list[i think craigs]
can you tell me anything regarding this machine ? ANY help would be appreciated.thanx in advance,dar
That model number was allocated June 2, 1909, and corresponds to a Singer Model 66. As far as what it's worth, that's very subjective, and it also varies across the country. You need to decide whether it's worth $75 to you. Things that might influence the price are, is the machine operational? Are the decals in decent condition? What shape is the cabinet in? Then you need to determine what purpose the machine is to serve. Do you want to sew on it? Do you want it to look pretty? Do you want to learn how to restore it? If it is a treadle, and if you want a treadle, then pay particular attention to the treadle mechanism. If the iron is broken, that's a problem. If you want for the machine to be operational, take some fabric and try sewing on it.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Banned

Like Dunster said the prices vary per area but in the long run that rascal need to come fully loaded for that price, ie accessories near perfect cabinet, and a very minty looking machine. Now there are some really rare 66's out there but they are the last ones to be built. I saw one this last week and drooled over it at the repair shop I went to that were a bunch of jacklegs. Lucky for me I remembered the owners number and called her about the machine and asked if she wanted to sell it. I am waiting for her decision right now. The machine had the industrial decals on it and a lot of features that were found on other machines and never a 66.

Billy
Old 06-25-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanx SO much for the help,wouldn't have thought to do that.i know i've driven everyone crazy,but have visions of buying a "fake" or a "lemon"....dar
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftybear
thanx SO much for the help,wouldn't have thought to do that.i know i've driven everyone crazy,but have visions of buying a "fake" or a "lemon"....dar
Hey I have taken many lemons and made lemonade!! So dont be scared of having to do some work on the machine or cabinet.

Billy