Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
As luck would have it! >

As luck would have it!

As luck would have it!

Old 08-03-2014, 07:42 PM

Default As luck would have it!

Surgery on right hand on the end of the month and of course I'm right handed. So off to the sewing machine to finish up two quilts for gifts. I have less than four weeks to finish to get them done. The machine stitch is zigzag and the bottom stitches are all wacky so I got the manual out and began trouble shooting. I have a Janome 8900. I love this machine. NO. back up machine that is working. My daughter called so I complained about my luck and she said she was coming over with a solution. She has never sewed so I was quite humored by her offer to help me out. A short time later she comes in with a sewing machine and says, "Mom, remember this machine? You gave it to me some years ago and I just don't like sewing so I put it in the garage. Just thought maybe you could keep it for a back up." It was one I had three machines ago. It worked just like the day I gave it to. It is a New Home has a few features a really nice stitch. So now tomorrow morning I will take the Janome to the shop for some loving and when I get her back the New Home is going for a tune up and cleaning.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:48 PM

Yeah! What a great daughter, and thank goodness you thought to "store" an extra machine with her! Hope you baby gets better quick, after your surgery do all your rehab therapist tells you :-)
Old 08-03-2014, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

​Always good to have a back up machine. Good luck on your surgery.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:59 PM

Kudos to your daughter for keeping the machine all that time. Saying prayers your surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:58 AM
Power Poster

At least you will now have a backup machine. I need to get my Bernina in for service too !!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:00 AM

what a great daughter....
Old 08-04-2014, 06:11 AM

Thank you for the well well wishes. When asked what was the worst thing about having the surgery it was not being able to quilt for three to four months. Just think how long my quilt list will get. Yea, my daughter is the best. Anyone out there have basal joint surgery? Make it a great day.
Arlene
Old 08-04-2014, 06:29 AM

How clever your sweet daughter is. Good luck with your surgery. While you are recuperating you can hang out here and keep us company.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Good luck with your surgery, and heal quickly.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by MrsDerf View Post
Thank you for the well well wishes. When asked what was the worst thing about having the surgery it was not being able to quilt for three to four months. Just think how long my quilt list will get. Yea, my daughter is the best. Anyone out there have basal joint surgery? Make it a great day.
Arlene
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you have to have basal joint surgery. I need to have it but keep putting it off. I figure if I can still stand the pain, I'll keep putting it off. So, please let me know how it goes. I had a broken arm a couple of years back and my basal joint pain was horrible. It was more of a problem than the broken arm. But, since then, I've dealt with it. And yes, you have a great daughter....