View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 07:42 PM
MrsDerf

Default As luck would have it!

Surgery on right hand on the end of the month and of course I'm right handed. So off to the sewing machine to finish up two quilts for gifts. I have less than four weeks to finish to get them done. The machine stitch is zigzag and the bottom stitches are all wacky so I got the manual out and began trouble shooting. I have a Janome 8900. I love this machine. NO. back up machine that is working. My daughter called so I complained about my luck and she said she was coming over with a solution. She has never sewed so I was quite humored by her offer to help me out. A short time later she comes in with a sewing machine and says, "Mom, remember this machine? You gave it to me some years ago and I just don't like sewing so I put it in the garage. Just thought maybe you could keep it for a back up." It was one I had three machines ago. It worked just like the day I gave it to. It is a New Home has a few features a really nice stitch. So now tomorrow morning I will take the Janome to the shop for some loving and when I get her back the New Home is going for a tune up and cleaning.