Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lutradur? Has anyone used this?

I am very interested in ideas on how to use this product, I was given a coule dozen good sized pieces in a rainbow of colors and am dying to use it but scared to. Can I iron it? Can I sew with it? its a spunweb polyester type sheer (tissue almost) fabric. I dont want to melt it to my iron! Please any project ideas with it I am all ears! Thanks!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if it could be used to make the skirts on those lady quilts where the skirt part is a floaty piece of fabric?

Blog Entries

Thanks, wish she would have SHOWN how to heat set it, seems to me the stuff she put on the fabric would pretty much mess up your iron a bit! I am still determined to try it. Its pretty cool looking material. Mine already came colored :) lucky me! It was from a fabric showroom I guess dyed people use it for curtains.

Blog Entries
    If you are worried about it sticking to your iron, get a couple of applique sheets... I put one down on my ironing surface to protect it, and then the fabrics on top of it and another applique sheet on top and iron away... nothing sticks to anything that I don't want it too.