Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery Software >

Machine Embroidery Software

Machine Embroidery Software

Old 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM

Default Machine Embroidery Software

I am looking at the Designers Gallery Embroidery Works Everyday. I was wondering if anyone had experience with it and what their opinion might be. Thank you
Old 05-30-2013, 06:07 PM

I've not heard of that one - but then I stopped looking once I got what I needed for my Bernina.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:38 PM

I have the custom works ,letter works studio III and the digitizing program density works i love it all.had purchase embird but never could get it to work on my computer, even purchase a new computer and still couldn't get embird to work.but no problems with Designers Gallery
loretta
Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 PM

I tried the demo and liked wished I had purchased it instead of pe design plus, have been contemplating selling my pe design plus to purchase it. It will be a few years before I have time to think about it as of now pe design goes unused
Old 05-31-2013, 03:00 AM

I'm the odd quilter out here. I purchased DG Studio Plus a few years ago, and still have not mastered it. I find it difficult to use and understand, even paid an LQS owner to spend an hour with me to try and help me understand it better, but came away with little to no more understanding. I use it, but it seems very cumbersome, time consuming, and I have a very difficult time cataloging my embroidery files. Seems like I either can't find them, or I have 6 copies of each file.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 AM

I also have the Studio Plus and mostly use it to look at the designs, resize or change formats. Way too much money spent for the few things I use it for. One of the selling points being used by the store where I am looking at the Embroidery Works Everyday is being able to reduce the number of stitches in a design. I have loads and loads of the Embroidery Library designs and find most of them are really stitch heavy. She said she uses the software to reduce the number of stitches in the designs and they sew out beautifully. I don't have the top of the line embroidery machine and designs take so long to stitch out so that could be a good feature.

I found this link by Nancy Zieman on the software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt4Q3nRRMPQ (Hope this works!)

Last edited by SingerSewer; 05-31-2013 at 03:11 AM. Reason: add link
Old 05-31-2013, 03:18 AM

Part of that module is in Masterworks 2. It does work fairly well. Just do the stitch reduction in increments and remember to save the file under a different name. Also do a test sew each time.

I have most of Designers Gallery and it works well. I'm no longer updating it.

BTW - I use it with a Pfaff 2170.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:29 AM

Weezy, do you like your Pfaff 2170? I have an older 7550 that sews like a dream. Love the IDT feature.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:39 PM

Just found free embroidery software that looks cool! It is from Amazing Designs Embroidery website. There is a tutorial that explains its features.

http://amazingdesigns.com/free-downloads/free-software
Old 06-02-2013, 03:21 PM

I like it. It has a vertical bobbin, you can customize stitches, and it has IDT. I started with a 1471, and I can still do B00L00 programming for stitches. I do a lot of heirloom.

I got the Brother PC 1500 for FMQ. It pieces well. But I need the Pfaff to do add on sashing.

I've split for Pfaff hoops and everything I've digitized in DG has worked.