Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: magazines

Hi girls..what do you do with all your quilt magazines? I started to sort mine by publisher but got side tracked looking through them.

Blog Entries
    One thing I found helpful is to put a sticky sheet on the cover, name the name of the quilt patter and page number, and in some cases what it is. Snowball tablecloth p31

I like your idea, I'm sure many will use them

Hmmm.... I've kept years of magazines & then shared them with friends....out of the house....

i am a visual person so if i don't flip and turn pages and see colors in front of me...a quilt will not be born :-D

Quote Originally Posted by immaxine
    Hi girls..what do you do with all your quilt magazines? I started to sort mine by publisher but got side tracked looking through them. My goal is to scan the patterns I like then download to a stick only for quilting. Then pass the magazines on to someone else. Sound doable?
    Wow...I just have them in individual shelf boxes with brightly colored post it notes sticking out of themn....technical, I know ~~grinning~~

Blog Entries
    I have some in binders, and some in boxes. I have sorted them by publisher. But I keep them because not only are there patterns in there that I like but there are probably tips and tricks in there I like to look back at. And sometimes I get inspired by looking at someone elses quilt picture in there that has no pattern listed for it.

I found I had so many magazines and was running out of room to store them. I have gone through them if I find a pattern I know I could at some stage do I will tear out the instructions and pattern put in plastic sleeves. I then store these in large binders. If I go through a magazine and I have not torn anything out I give these to a charity shop for others to enjoy.
    Colleen

Blog Entries
    A reminder:

One thing we can't do legally is to scan or otherwise copy all or part of the original magazines and then pass the originals along by gifting or selling them to others.

if we scan/copy and save the bits we want, we can remove and retain/destroy the pages we scanned/copied, and then pass along the remainder of the original magazine.

Banned
    I look thru them and if there is a pattern I might be interested in, then I'll keep it for awhile in case I do the quilt. Otherwise I bundle them and take them to the quiit guid for their sale table.
    Lets face it, we are not going to do all the quilts that attrace out eye in a magazine.

Banned
    I take out the patterns I like and put them in plastic covers in 3 ring binder then pass along magazine to friends. In fact this month I started scanning them all to pdf files and saving on my laptop and tossing the actual paper one. I save one file with just pic and one with whole pattern. When I want new project I scan picture files and then I can print it out or just use on screen. FYI - make sure you keep a flash drive back up in case computer dies. Each time I scan new pattern I just make new backup of the folder. When you're done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast