Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Magna-Hoop

Does anyone use the Magna-Hoop and software for their machine embroidery work? I had something very unusal happen and I'd like to chat with someone familiar with these products.

Blog Entries
    are you talking about the Janome Magna Hoop? i haven't gotten one yet, so would definitely like to hear about your experience. i don't know whether or not i could offer any credible advice, but telling us more will help others who may have it or who are considering buying one.

which software are you using?

Mine is the Babylock Magna Hoop. It's the best thing in my opinion that's come along for embrodiery. I hate to hoop, I hate the spray adhesives, etc. The Magna Hoop changed all of this. I have both the standard size and the Pro size. I had something happen with the number of colors changing from 27 to 26 when I auto sized the design in the Magna Hoop software. I was just wondering if anyone else had had this happen. I tried to find a machine embroidery group but I never found one.

If you ever decide to purchase a Magna Hoop for your particular machine, it's well worth the money. It's made for fabrics that can hoop burn or other problems but I use it for all my embroidery. I never put my fabric between hoops.

Blog Entries
    that's not the hoop i was thinking of.

have you tried calling the tech support people at the software company? they may be able to help.