Main

Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM

I clean up after every project--or if I am stumped on something in the middle of the project just to give myself grounding :)
Old 02-13-2011, 02:14 PM

No I clean it, if hubby helped he would probably hide things in totes never to be seen again because he doesn't see me use it LOL.He does love the quilts I make and is very supportive of my fabric addiction and sewing hobby.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Most of my stash is stored in my husbands home office, so he is well aware of my over-abundance of fabric. He is wonderful though and supports me totally in my hobby. As for him cleaning, nope. I don't do trash and he doesn't do vacuuming. If either of us did the other's chores our lives would cease to make any sense at all! LOL
Old 02-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by eye2quilt
HOW OFTEN DO YOU CLEAN YOUR SEWING ROOM???????
My DH is helping me clean right now and he offered to vacuum my sewing room. I haven't vacuumed in about 2 months so the dust balls and thread have "piled up". I had to argue with him NOT to do it.....only because I didn't want him to see how much my stash had grown!!!!! Does your DH help you clean your room????????
I can't even get all the way to the back of my sewing room - Please help
After each project....just clean up and go a "little farther" into the room........I just get really lazy about the floor.....hardwood and it collects so much dirt, dust and thread. I used to have dog hair too!!!........but 2 weeks ago we put down our 16yr.old sweetie girl.........I wish I still had the dog hair to clean........
Leslie
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 PM

Mine will help by vacuuming the bonus room where my "quilt haven" as is it called is located, in fact he will sometimes say you need to get out and do something--like go to JoAnns or LQS. Got to love him, we are in FL right now and he keeps asking me if I have checked out all the local stores.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:03 PM

Mine doesn't even step into my sewing room!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Your DH knows how to use the vaccum? Congratulations, mine thinks he can use his shop vac for the purpose. So no, but he is aware of the piles.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:07 PM

Unfortunately for me there is no DH. I am my own housekeeper. Darn it.

I am constantly cleaning up my studio. I definitely don't want to keep track of how much as that would tell you how messy I can be and i might get depressed.

Luckily I have wood floors so it is mostly just a good dusting needed for the floors, and every so often use the floor care product.

ali
Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 PM

I have to stop hubby from helping me in my sewing room he makes it too neat, thhen I can't find anything. LOL But he is my enabler I buy what I want and he buys for me also, when we're at the LQS togrther he always says are you sure you got enough you don't want to run out. Like that will ever happen. But I do clean after each project or when I can't find something I know I have stuffed somewhere just to get it off the work table.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I keep mine pretty clean. But definitely after completing a project I try to get it cleaned up again.
This is me too. I like my room to stay neat and clean. I have carpet in my room and generally clean and oil my machine, dust and vacuum the room after a part of project is complete. It is a ritual here,lol.

As far as hubby helping out, he vacuums my room every week when he vacuums the upstairs.