Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Main

HOW OFTEN DO YOU CLEAN YOUR SEWING ROOM???????
    My DH is helping me clean right now and he offered to vacuum my sewing room. I haven't vacuumed in about 2 months so the dust balls and thread have "piled up". I had to argue with him NOT to do it.....only because I didn't want him to see how much my stash had grown!!!!! Does your DH help you clean your room????????

Mine doesn't help me clean, but he is in there quite often and helps me to move things around if needed and helps a lot to build things needed for the room. Totally supports what I do and helped to put in my shelves for all my stash-so there was no hiding it from him!

My roommate (ex-hubby) has seen it all and thinks I'm nuts about fabric...he's watched all the quilts being made and passed on to charities and knows better than to question my creative madness.

I'm not purposely trying to hide my stash from my husband but that might change as I'm actively working on getting all of it in one room - my eventual true sewing room. Then he will truly see the magnitude of my stash. :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    I would love to have someone help.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! But, he does help me hang things when I need him to, my scissors would disappear!

Quote Originally Posted by eye2quilt
    My DH is helping me clean right now and he offered to vacuum my sewing room. I haven't vacuumed in about 2 months so the dust balls and thread have "piled up". I had to argue with him NOT to do it.....only because I didn't want him to see how much my stash had grown!!!!! Does your DH help you clean your room????????
    I can't even get all the way to the back of my sewing room - Please help

My hubby helps me soooo much it's almost irritating!! Since he's retired I don't do house work anymore because I don't do it his way. Retired boss.... So he does it now, frees me up to sew like the mad woman I am!!!!!!!! He's a good hubby and I don't mind him taking my job!!!

edit to add,
    Nope, I don't loan him out, mine mine mine!!!!

I keep mine pretty clean. But definitely after completing a project I try to get it cleaned up again.

Blog Entries
    Mine is into starching. Before he retired, he used to dip starch all his shirts and iron them while watching football, car races etc. Any fabric yardage I want starched, he's my man.

Blog Entries
    I clean up after every project--or if I am stumped on something in the middle of the project just to give myself grounding :)

No I clean it, if hubby helped he would probably hide things in totes never to be seen again because he doesn't see me use it LOL.He does love the quilts I make and is very supportive of my fabric addiction and sewing hobby.

Banned
    Most of my stash is stored in my husbands home office, so he is well aware of my over-abundance of fabric. He is wonderful though and supports me totally in my hobby. As for him cleaning, nope. I don't do trash and he doesn't do vacuuming. If either of us did the other's chores our lives would cease to make any sense at all! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JUNEC
    Quote Originally Posted by eye2quilt
    I can't even get all the way to the back of my sewing room - Please help
    After each project....just clean up and go a "little farther" into the room........I just get really lazy about the floor.....hardwood and it collects so much dirt, dust and thread. I used to have dog hair too!!!........but 2 weeks ago we put down our 16yr.old sweetie girl.........I wish I still had the dog hair to clean........
    Leslie

Mine will help by vacuuming the bonus room where my "quilt haven" as is it called is located, in fact he will sometimes say you need to get out and do something--like go to JoAnns or LQS. Got to love him, we are in FL right now and he keeps asking me if I have checked out all the local stores.

Mine doesn't even step into my sewing room!

Your DH knows how to use the vaccum? Congratulations, mine thinks he can use his shop vac for the purpose. So no, but he is aware of the piles.

Unfortunately for me there is no DH. I am my own housekeeper. Darn it.

I am constantly cleaning up my studio. I definitely don't want to keep track of how much as that would tell you how messy I can be and i might get depressed.

Luckily I have wood floors so it is mostly just a good dusting needed for the floors, and every so often use the floor care product.

ali

I have to stop hubby from helping me in my sewing room he makes it too neat, thhen I can't find anything. LOL But he is my enabler I buy what I want and he buys for me also, when we're at the LQS togrther he always says are you sure you got enough you don't want to run out. Like that will ever happen. But I do clean after each project or when I can't find something I know I have stuffed somewhere just to get it off the work table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I keep mine pretty clean. But definitely after completing a project I try to get it cleaned up again.
    This is me too. I like my room to stay neat and clean. I have carpet in my room and generally clean and oil my machine, dust and vacuum the room after a part of project is complete. It is a ritual here,lol.

As far as hubby helping out, he vacuums my room every week when he vacuums the upstairs.

Gal
    I have a work room which used to be the garage, we converted it into a workspace for me to do my paintings in and also my sewing. It is not very large but it is under the main roof of the house and I have log burner in it for the winter months. During the winter months we all go in there to keep cozy,me, DH the cat and two dogs in their basket!! My DH loves to see it tidy and always vacuum's the floor for me, I guess I give it a good clean every couple of months or so. He knows exactly how much fabric I have as he is usually always with me when I buy it. He is very supportive and he bought me a beautiful digital sewing machine to quilt with about a year or so ago, he looks for quilting mags, books etc.
    I would not swap him for the world but at times I could part with some of his clock collection!

Gal

Blog Entries
    my sewing area is now in my living room so I clean it after every sewing session. but then I also did this when I had a nice big area in the basement. can't stand messy rooms/clutter. guess my friends are right - I do have a bit of ocd.

My hubby will come into my sewing room to kiss me when he gets home from work, and knows just how much fabric I have. But other than that, he stays away when I'm sewing and he would never think to clean a thing in there (or anywhere else in the house!) I clean the wood floor before company comes! LOL Not many people visit us in the winter, so the floor can get pretty dusty and full of threads before I sweep it up! My sewing room is very well organized but the surfaces seem to pile up with projects I'm working on or mending, or things to do, magazines, books and patterns I've left out for future projects, etc. etc. I try to clean up before starting a new project, but I don't think it's ever been "perfect" but it gets close sometimes!

Mine helped unload everything early Sat. morning when I decided to de-stash. It is a shame it all comes apart so quickly and the re-organizing/putting back together goes so slowly. He use to shake his head alot when going into my "room"...lol

Blog Entries
    I try to keep it clean as I sew. Easier to find things when I need them.
    With the dogs coming in and out and shedding, I like to run the vac cleaner every other day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast