Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Making a quilt label in eq7 >

Making a quilt label in eq7

Making a quilt label in eq7

Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 AM

Question Making a quilt label in eq7

I have had EQ7 since it came out but have used it very little. Last night I decided to attempt a quilt label. What I can't figure out is when typing the text it is white and I can't see what I'm typing. I have selected Arial Black as the font and bold. What I get after I set the text are letters that look like they are white in the middle outlined with a black line.

How can I get the letters to show up in black when typing and have them appear normally?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

WOW, I never knew this available. Did you read the information in the help section?? I entered "How do I Create a Quilt Label". Hope you know that some printers ink doesn't work well and will wash out when washed.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:36 AM

Yes, I was in the help section many times last night - LOL. Anyway, it has nothing to do with printing it out - it has to do with the set up. I have printed labels before using another program with success but I want to use my EQ. I'm hoping someone can help because I spent several hours on this last night and it's looking good and I want to be able to print it.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:47 AM

I just watched the little help video. Have you tried changing to a different font just to see how it looks on your screen? I wonder if you tried a print out on regular paper how it would print? http://doyoueq.com/lessons/creating-...labels-in-eq7/
Old 04-13-2015, 08:08 AM

Thank you thimblebug. Yes, I have tried different fonts. I just can't figure out why, when I type my information ,it is white and it is hard to see. I will give it another try based on this video. Thanks.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Then Kitty, just send EQ an email with all the data you can provide. They have an excellent technical staff and they could guide you thru the problem. I have owned a version of EQ since 1995 and they have assisted me with resolving various problems I have had over the years.