Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: making rag rugs

Blog Entries

making rag rugs

Has anyone made braided rag rugs with their scraps? I have made quite a few over the years, and it sure is a
    great way to get rid of scraps. Since cotton is so thin, I usually will use 2 strips together. I saw at Joann's that
    I can still buy the curved needle that is used to sew your rug into oval or round.

I haven't braided a rag rug but made strips, sewed them end to end and then crocheted the rug. It turned out great.

I use my family's old t-shirts circle cut round and round to make strips and a large crochet hook to make small area rugs, hot plates, mug rugs and even a big beach tote!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
    I use my family's old t-shirts circle cut round and round to make strips and a large crochet hook to make small area rugs, hot plates, mug rugs and even a big beach tote!
    Great idea to use the backs/arms from the t shirt quilts left overs!

HI,

Zig56gie, could you perhaps do a tute on the rag rug; I would love to make one, but don't know how to begin??

TIA, delma

I did this about six months ago. I went to Youtube.com and searched for "how to make a rag rug" and found a bunch of tutorials. Used up all my scraps and was able to make it the perfect size.