Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marie Osmond fabric >

Marie Osmond fabric

Marie Osmond fabric

Old 09-04-2016, 06:21 AM

Default Marie Osmond fabric

I seem to have a bunch of her fabric in my stash, picked up or inherited or who knows how I got it. I like it, but it's not really my style. It got me thinking, what style is it, really? Was it popular at some point in time, is it still popular? What kind of quilts did/do people make with it? I don't recall seeing quilts made from her lines, but maybe my quilting interests lead me in other directions. I do a lot of children's quilts, and this stuff just seems more "grown up" to me.

I'm just wondering what opinions people have about her lines of fabric. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Marie has been a quilter for many years and her lines have evolved over the years. Without knowing which lines you have it would be difficult to say what quilts were made, but you can visit the website ( I think Timeless Treasures) is who manufactures her fabrics. Often there are free patterns associated with particular lines so you could browse & see the different styles a line was used in.
Her fabrics are ( to me) quite eclectic and can be used in a vast number of quilt styles
Old 09-04-2016, 07:31 AM

I recently used some fabrics that I had "inherited" in a log cabin variation project. I found that they worked in really well because while I didn't necessarily like the design of the fabric, I did like the color. In strips the design wasn't really obvious and the color came thru well. Use those fabrics when you can.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:27 AM
Power Poster

It would be nice to see pictures of the fabric. Remember one man's trash is another man's treasure. Perhaps you could swap some of it with fellow quilters. I feel the old stand-by patterns never go out of style. I love some of the newer designs but just rely on a lot of the older quilt patterns.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:29 PM

I knew she was a quilter, but had no idea she had fabric lines. I really like her "look". I like modern fabrics in traditional patterns.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:19 PM

Interesting--didn't know Marie had fabrics. I do know she quilts and I've got a machine embroidery angel design she designed but no fabrics. Now, I'm going to have to check out what she had.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:33 AM

I think its Quilting Treasures that has her fabric line.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:19 PM

I also didn't realize she had her own line of fabrics. I learn so much from being a member of this board!!! Love it!
Old 09-06-2016, 02:21 PM

I saw some pictures of her fabrics in an older quilting magazine. They had a challenge using a particular line of hers. It seems like it was animal prints and florals combined. Definitely eclectic; not really my cup of tea. You could use them in anything that really needs a splash of color. You must have had these fabrics for a while :-)
Old 09-07-2016, 05:39 PM

I have been making clothesline wrapped bowls with some of my fabrics that I am not fond of anymore.