Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martelli Rotary Cutter

I bought one yrs ago and the plastic handle cover streched out so it kept falling off. So dont use it at all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I wore mine out. The spring broke on it, and I'm using it taped. Not good, I know, but I can't afford a new one. They're too expensive for me. But, I do really like it.
    Call their customer service - they will get you a new spring... or if they will be at a Quilt Expo near you - take it with you and they will replace it there at the show for you!

Go to the Martelli website and buy a new spring. I've used one for a long time and love it. Just bought their new and improved one and like it even better.
    aka Gale

I wore mine out. The spring broke on it, and I'm using it taped. Not good, I know, but I can't afford a new one. They're too expensive for me. But, I do really like it.
    Why don't you email them - I bet they would send you a spring and it would be safer than using it taped.

Z
    You can get a replacement spring. Contact customer service.

Right after I purchased mine, the spring came off and I called them. They said send it back and they replaced it. I do like mine; however, I have to say I don't use mine correctly most of the time. I tend to 'pinch' mine rather than leave my wrist in horizontal position like you're supposed to.

I had one and ended up selling it. I had osteoarthritis surgery many years ago. Something about the way you have to hold it and push down really bothered my hand. I do fine with the ergonomic Olfa cutter.

QKO
    I use one for all my shop cutting - easy on the hands as long as you use it correctly - and the blades seem to stay sharp forever. Well worth the money - I wouldn't use any other 60mm cutter.

I thank everyone for the information. I think I will try one.

Aria,

If you call they will send you new springs, you just need to know if it is a 60mm or 45mm blade, free of charge. They even have a video on their web site to show you how to put it on. I did it myself, even with my crooked fingers!

I really love my Martelli cutter. I have to sit for everything, and using this cutter makes it easy. It cuts so easily without any pressure on my hands either. I highly recommend this for anyone, but especially those with painful hands and wrists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast