Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Martelli Rotary Cutter

Quote Originally Posted by Aria View Post
    I wore mine out. The spring broke on it, and I'm using it taped. Not good, I know, but I can't afford a new one. They're too expensive for me. But, I do really like it.
    If you ship it back to them, they will replace your cutter or fix the spring for you. I did that. It was $4-6 to return it but well worth it and less than buying a new cutter.

I have one and I'm trying to learn how to use it. So far I just keep reaching for my old Fiskars! I just can't seem to get the hang of holding the Martelli the correct way, but I'll keep trying.

I must be the only one who hates theirs. Absolutely one of the worst things I have ever purchased, well...that and their quilt binding attachment. Hate that piece of overpriced plastic crap. Do I sound angry? Yes. And when I wanted to return both of the worthless items, I was told I could only exchange them. For what, more plastic junk? When I go to quilt shows, I run very fast past them, just in case I want to stop and choke someone. I will now take a deep breath and try to forget I ever purchased from them.

Love my Martelli. The most important thing is to learn to hold it correctly. Straight up and down, NEVER at an angle because it can cut up a board that way. Mine is 3 yrs old and I have not replaced the blade yet!

I have a left handed one it is great to use.

I absolutely LOVE mine. I don't use any others anymore (and I have them all!). I wish I had it years ago.
    Can't stop now, I need to finish just one more quilt
    http://onemorequilt.net

I love it!! As someone with shoulder issues, it is really easy to use without stressing out the shoulders. I even used it while my arm was in a sling after shoulder surgery. You can also easily use it while sitting down. It's the only one I use (except my little olfa I use when cutting the last little bit of binding)

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3