Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
McCall Quilting >

McCall Quilting

McCall Quilting

Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
Originally Posted by gunny148
I bought a quilting magazine at Wally world (wal-mart) there was a guy there looking at the car magazine and such....well i walked up and picked up a quilting book, he shot me a funny look, and finaly he ask me not me not enough man i see...i Showed him my Marine Corp ring and ask him what has he done with his life.....he walked away.
I can't believe that anyone would say that to you. I am so sorry that some people are threatened by your artistic talent and the way that you display it. I wish you lived closer. I would love to have a male influence in my quilting. The majority of women see things in the same way. It always refreshing to get another opinion. Keep being you and displaying your talents. Seems he could take a lesson from you.
Assuming from your ID that you were a gunnery sargent....and I know once a Marine, ALWAYS a MARINE. Congrats on a wonderful, creative hobby that can be a great stress reliever......Several of us have close male friends or relatives who also quilt.........Hang in there and ignore the idiots.........there always are a few around......
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by gunny148
I bought a quilting magazine at Wally world (wal-mart) there was a guy there looking at the car magazine and such....well i walked up and picked up a quilting book, he shot me a funny look, and finaly he ask me not me not enough man i see...i Showed him my Marine Corp ring and ask him what has he done with his life.....he walked away.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-11-2011, 07:38 PM

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/index.html

just type in "mccalls quilting patterns" and get some patterns from them free.

the above is the site.