Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
McCall's and Copyright >

McCall's and Copyright

McCall's and Copyright

Old 11-27-2010, 07:04 AM

Our maine quilt chapter mailed out a letter telling us any quilts being admitted into our next state quilt show has to have approval from original owner/company of your quilt design. I would think this would start to eliminate a lot of people's quilt entries that do not want to bother with this next step. What do you think?
Old 11-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by PattyAllayne
Our maine quilt chapter mailed out a letter telling us any quilts being admitted into our next state quilt show has to have approval from original owner/company of your quilt design. I would think this would start to eliminate a lot of people's quilt entries that do not want to bother with this next step. What do you think?
Refer to post above.....shoot themselves in the foot.:shock:

Jan in VA
Old 11-27-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Refer to post above.....shoot themselves in the foot.:shock:

Jan in VA
I agree.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then making another's quilt pattern to enter into a quilt competition is the ultimate compliment. What do they want from it--Money? Didn't you already buy the pattern?
Old 11-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

If you can get the owner/company to respond. I have asked permission from several pattern designers (when I can a valid contact info) for certain things and waited for weeks and never got a reply. And most of these designers with a website and are usually in all the magazines. If they are too busy to reply then I'm too busy to inquire.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:51 PM

yes, I saw that... great idea for them to print this so everyone understands