Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
melrose polyester machine embroidery threads >

melrose polyester machine embroidery threads

melrose polyester machine embroidery threads

Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM

has anybody used these threads for machine embroidery. I have seen a good deal on them and wondered if anyone would recommend them.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I have had very good luck with many brands of poly embroidery thread. When I come across a good deal on them, I will order as many as I can afford :D:D:D
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Thanks for the quick response, I am thinking of ordering 3 x 24 packs to give me the full range of pastels, neutrals and brights. They will be expensive but I reckon they should last for a long time, they work out at about $3 for a 600yd spool, which in England is a total steal.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Kaz

Hi there, wonder how many people on this board know what the canny means in front of your name, lol. Tried explaining what I meant when I said his granddaughters were canny bairns to my DH and he still doesn't get it, not really!!
He just bought me a whole load of thread from this place which sews really well on my Pfaff which came all the way from Whitley Bay. I think they send internationally and it was a tremendous deal. http://metroemb.com/index.html

They are 1100 mini spools and if you buy the large amounts they work out at $0.67 which at today's exchange rate is 41p.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kaz
Hi there, wonder how many people on this board know what the canny means in front of your name, lol. Tried explaining what I meant when I said his granddaughters were canny bairns to my DH and he still doesn't get it, not really!!
He just bought me a whole load of thread from this place which sews really well on my Pfaff which came all the way from Whitley Bay. I think they send internationally and it was a tremendous deal. http://metroemb.com/index.html

They are 1100 mini spools and if you buy the large amounts they work out at $0.67 which at today's exchange rate is 41p.
Thanks for info on threads, I think your pfaff machine probably came from the place I go to for my quilting classes singer sewing machine sales.

Do you come from the north east?

The word canny actually has lots of different meanings depending on what it is said with only "real" geordies understand this, my husband who is originally from Ireland still only uses it to mean "nice" as in canny bairns. I actually wrote a 2,500 word essay on the meaning of canny when I was doing my degree!!!!

Thanks for the info on thread tho, I couldn't quite work out how big the spools were but I will bookmark the site for future use

Eileen
Old 06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Kaz

Yes I am originally from the North east and then moved to Yorkshire and then nearly two years ago to the US when I got married :) And that was the problem I had trying to explain it to my DH, lol. That you can drive canny, have a canny time, be a canny person, take it canny and so on, lol. And yeah only another geordie really understands it :)

Yeah they do have classes where I bought it from. They gave me a brilliant discount as I was a canny lass living in the US, lol.

Good luck with the threads. They are in metres about 1000 for the 'mini' ones (1100 yards) and 5000 metres for the large (5500 yards) so really good value :) Would think it would work out well even if you got taxed on them at 0.41p per mini spool.