Old 06-02-2011, 08:52 AM
cannyquilter

Originally Posted by Kaz
Hi there, wonder how many people on this board know what the canny means in front of your name, lol. Tried explaining what I meant when I said his granddaughters were canny bairns to my DH and he still doesn't get it, not really!!
He just bought me a whole load of thread from this place which sews really well on my Pfaff which came all the way from Whitley Bay. I think they send internationally and it was a tremendous deal. http://metroemb.com/index.html

They are 1100 mini spools and if you buy the large amounts they work out at $0.67 which at today's exchange rate is 41p.
Thanks for info on threads, I think your pfaff machine probably came from the place I go to for my quilting classes singer sewing machine sales.

Do you come from the north east?

The word canny actually has lots of different meanings depending on what it is said with only "real" geordies understand this, my husband who is originally from Ireland still only uses it to mean "nice" as in canny bairns. I actually wrote a 2,500 word essay on the meaning of canny when I was doing my degree!!!!

Thanks for the info on thread tho, I couldn't quite work out how big the spools were but I will bookmark the site for future use

Eileen