Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19

Thread: Men who quilt

My ex SIL got me into quilting! He wanted to make my daughter a quilt. So I pieced it and he hand quilted it!! He did a great job. He was a roofer that became dis-abled, but we made some beautiful quilts!!!!!! It is very relaxing!

tell him to you Tube Ricky Timms, Dusty Farrell (quilting in the dark) & Jamie Wallen. all 3 are nice guys and great quilters.

Senior Member Cheshirecatquilter's Avatar
    3 words for your man : Rosey Grier needlepoint. And, tailoring by men was a noble occupation long before women got paid for doing it.

To me there are no sex related hobbies, if you want to do something then do it. If any one claims they are not "real" men because they quilt they are probably jealous because they can't do it. Tell him to go for it.
    Sheena

Blog Entries
    go to www.manquilter.com Matt Sparrow is a great quilter!

My ex would have been a great quilter, he sewed better than I do! ( and never hesitated to remind me!)

Men should be advised that a sewing machine is very similar to a jigsaw. The blade is like the needle, so guiding and following the lines is the same concept. Both have variable speed motors. And I have never heard of anyone who sewed thru the power cord!

Blog Entries
    My Dad used to crochet. He also sewed. No one ever called him sissy, let me tell you. He loved it. Convince your hubby and I'm sure he will have bragging rights before he knows it.
    sew1

I just returned from new owners classes on my Innova quilting system. The shop owners, Teryl and John McKnight both quilt. John told me that when he started quilting, the stash MORE than doubled! She uses more room with all her machines, and John pieces on a Featherweight.
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

QM
    Besides Isewman on this site, point out Ricky Timms and other fine quilting guys. I am blanking the last name, but John? has a great website He does excellent design work as well.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19