Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Met A Quilt Fan Tonight And She May Ask Me To Work On Some Projects

Blog Entries

Met A Quilt Fan Tonight And She May Ask Me To Work On Some Projects

I went to the grocery store after work this evening. I usually carry my own groceries out the door, but a pleasant lady who works at the store grabbed my cart and said, "Let's go." Got to my car and opened the back hatch and she was putting my bags in the car and noticed my two utility quilts that I made from sheets and said that they were so pretty she would have them on the bed, not in the car. I told her how I made them and why. Then she told me her Mom has a quilt top that she had made with her Mom and it still needed to be sandwiched and quilted and how they couldn't find a quilter to do it. She also said she would want me to make whole cloth quilts using sheets or fabric for her granddaughter(s) for Christmas. I told her I was not a professional, that I only quilt with a machine, that I quilt for fun and that my work is definitely not perfect, but she wasn't put off, she said she loved quilts but could not sew (boy would I love to teach her and I will be asking her if she wants to learn). Anyway, I gave her my name and a couple of phone numbers and told her to call me and we could talk about what she wants me to do. She was very excited to have met me which was really sweet. I don't know if or when she will call, but I think it would be great to help her out.

It's so neat to find others excited about quilts isn't it? Hopefully she will call & want to place an order with you!

Cool....quilting just seems to bring really nice people together. Looks like you have made a new friend.

Blog Entries
    cool now you have a buddy ,hope you two become close good friends
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

How cool is that! It is nice to find someone who appreciates quilts and quilting. I hope it all works out for you.

Blog Entries
    Looks like you both were in the right place at the right time. I hope that you have just met a very good friend.
    Nikki in MO

How wonderful. Quilting brings us all together. I am sure she will call and you will be friends going forward!
    Linda

Perhaps she will be your future quilting buddy!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Hate to be a downer but have had several such experiences and once they find out how much money is involved, the interest vanishes. I am glad to help people learn to quilt but do not want to be a production quilter for others.

So nice to make a new quilting friend.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast