Old 11-15-2012, 07:22 PM
annthreecats

Default Met A Quilt Fan Tonight And She May Ask Me To Work On Some Projects

I went to the grocery store after work this evening. I usually carry my own groceries out the door, but a pleasant lady who works at the store grabbed my cart and said, "Let's go." Got to my car and opened the back hatch and she was putting my bags in the car and noticed my two utility quilts that I made from sheets and said that they were so pretty she would have them on the bed, not in the car. I told her how I made them and why. Then she told me her Mom has a quilt top that she had made with her Mom and it still needed to be sandwiched and quilted and how they couldn't find a quilter to do it. She also said she would want me to make whole cloth quilts using sheets or fabric for her granddaughter(s) for Christmas. I told her I was not a professional, that I only quilt with a machine, that I quilt for fun and that my work is definitely not perfect, but she wasn't put off, she said she loved quilts but could not sew (boy would I love to teach her and I will be asking her if she wants to learn). Anyway, I gave her my name and a couple of phone numbers and told her to call me and we could talk about what she wants me to do. She was very excited to have met me which was really sweet. I don't know if or when she will call, but I think it would be great to help her out.