Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Midarm quilting information

Midarm quilting information

Hi everyone, I am trying to find information on midarm quilting and all I find is longarm references. I have a Brothers 1500 series machine on a Gracie frame and I wanted to see what people say about midarm (as my brothers only has a 4 to 5 inch quilting area so longarm info doesn't work for me)! I absolutely love quilting on the frame and will break down and upscale at some point. However, I know there has to be others out there that have something similar to my set up. I remember seeing a reference to a midarm quilting book on this site but for the life of me I can't find it! So if anyone has any info please let me know! I am quilting on my machine and love it but find I am stippling too close (I guess cause I am trying not to have it look as if it was quilted in rows and with 4 inches that could be a challenge. Thanks so much!

Blog Entries
    I think you are talking about shortarm quilting. My understanding is that longarms start at about 13" harp size. I have a Voyager 17, which is technically a midarm.

Longarms start at 18". There's not much difference between shortarm, midarm and longarm. The big difference, of course, is the amount of space and the bells/whistles. With each roll of the quilt you loose quilting space.