Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Minky quilt

Minky quilt

I am working on 2 baby quilts for twin boys and I was wondering if you can tell me if it is possible to mid arm quilt minky on a frame. Any advice would be welcome. Also these quilts are made up of 5in squares that I have machine embroidered baby animals on. Thank you
    starlite(Jan)

I have a quilt that is minky backed I am getting ready to.quilt just on my regular machine. I would sandwich them first then put them on the frame. But I dont know as I don't have a frame. But thr minky pulls and stuff. Good luck I know people here will know for sure.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Love Minky. Just make sure that you don't stretch it on the frame. Not really any tension. And I've used it with or without batting. Works both ways. With batting, it makes an extremely warm quilt.

Blog Entries
    Charisma just posted pics of one she quilted with minkee on the back. Here is the link: Tisha's Baby Girl quilt...Quilted by Charisma