Here is my finished wall hanging. My first attempt was quite a learning experience. I want to share my mistakes with you in order to help someone else and, hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes that I did.
1. I didn't make my outside border large enough. That made it very difficult to square it up. (I really should have known better. (
2. I didn't make my casing (to hold rod) deep enough. I believe I made this mistake because I worked on the last parts of this wall hanging when I was much too tired and didn't think things through. I believe it will be okay but not the way I intended for it to be.
My last effort on this wall hanging was to put some petals on the yellow flowers that were not attached so that there is a 3-dimensional look to them. I liked the way they turned out.
Hope this helps others who try this. I know that I will be doing more of these. Loved the process. Yolanda Wood River