Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Misty Pines/Keepsake Quilting >

Misty Pines/Keepsake Quilting

Misty Pines/Keepsake Quilting

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM

Default Misty Pines/Keepsake Quilting

A few weeks ago, I saw a picture of a quilt called "Misty Pines" and I decided to make one. After some information from the original quilter, I was able to track down the pattern. I found it at Keepsake Quilting. The pattern was in the Jan./Feb, 2013 McCalls Quilting magazine. So, I ordered a digital copy of the magazine from Keepsake Quilting. I ordered a digital copy because I only needed the directions for the quilt. When I received the magazine download, I attempted to download it. But because of where I live (The Boonies!), it wouldn't download. Keepsake Quilting kept working with me and finally I was able to get the magazine. But this shop went one step further! Yesterday, I received copies of the quilt and the directions. I was impressed with their personal customer service. If anyone happens to be in Center Harbor, Maine, visit their shop. It's chuck full of finished quilts and sewing projects. If you leave that place empty handed, I'd be amazed. You can go on line and order supplies as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:30 AM

How nice to hear. I'm sure they have a life long customer in you now because of that little extra time taken.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM

Love Keepsake Quilting. FYI they are in Center Harbor, NH not Maine. I go there a lot just to dream!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM

A few years ago a friend and I took a road trip, just to go to Keepsake Quilting. We had a ball! It was certainly worth it. We were impressed with everything about the shop.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Great customer service!!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 PM

How difficult did you feel the pattern was? Intermediate or advanced?
Old 01-22-2014, 04:28 PM

KQ is definitely one of my favorite places. . It's more fun when it's not tourist season, though.

hugs,
charlotte
Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM

I ordered a kit for my cousin because I could save on shipping for her by picking it up at the store. About two weeks later, I got a package from them. The kit was short some fabric and they sent it out. So grateful that they caught the mistake and fixed it since I won't see her until Feb. to work on this project together.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 PM

KQ is one of my favorite shops and luckily within a 2 hour drive from my house! I am somewhat disappointed in their catalogues over the past couple of years, though...too many kits for my taste. However, going to the shop is awesome...so many bolts of fabrics to choose from! Lots of patterns, books, tools and great staff members to boot. If you are every in the New Hampshire area, Keepsake is a definite "must go".

Anita