Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More than one project >

More than one project

More than one project

Old 03-11-2016, 04:09 AM

Okay, I have one quilt at the long-arm lady (my favorite person); two pillow shams (OSU) machine quilting on my Anniversary Singer in progress; another red/white/grey quilt (just put the sash on yesterday); and an old fashioned (30's) out on the qullt rug downstairs that I am piecing on the Featherweight (1952); my sister-in-law wanted 4 blocks of Brutus Buckeye on her quilts that I made for them at Christmas (created and hand sewn on her quilts and then quilted that section with the Featherweight (1947)...plus cleaning the house and laundry. Can you tell that I am a retired 4th grade teacher????? And I thought I would be bored!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 04:30 AM

Way too many started, and then get bored 'cause I always seem to think I need to make a big quilt, so they get shoved off to the side. I really need to just take myself in hand and get some of these tops finished.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

since i usually make up my own patterns/designs, i have to work a little, then think carefully about the next step, etc. so i usually have several projects in process.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:53 AM

I have one queen size that I am FMQ-ing, but after the 10,000-th circle it's really time to do something else for awhile! So, I started a small Spring wall hanging that is now ready to quilt and I'm working on a large wall hanging top. I guess I like to bounce back and forth between projects.

Watson
Old 03-11-2016, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

I am always going back and forth between projects. I have a large lap quilt that I am hand quilting, the fish bowl wall hanging that has stitches to be taken out, and my grand project of twelve applique blocks that I am naming "A Flurry of Snowmen". I think it's nice to have something else to play with if I lose interest in one of them.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

I always have multiple projects going at once, sometimes only 2-3 other times 6-7, just depends. Always in various stages of completion. Sometimes I will have ( all of a sudden) 3-4 all finish at the same time, as in, over a weekend manage to finish them all. That is always Exciting! 😎
Right now I have 2 different hand project, really concentrating on one of them, and 3 different machine projects. I try to manage my time so I get a little done on each one when I get time in the sewing room. ( where I should be right now, instead of sitting here drinking coffee!)
Old 03-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Wow, I guess I'm odd man out here, or it might be just different definitions, as my construction process has 2 distinct phases. I tend to work on one item at a time, however, I don't consider a pieced unquilted flimsy a UFO. It's a completed top, and I probably have 4 or 5 at this stage. So when I'm piecing a top, that's all I will work on until it's ready to be quilted. If I'm long arming, I will work only on that quilt until it's been bound. I'm an Aries and we LOVE to start stuff. Finishing, not so much! If I didn't concentrate on one thing until that phase is completed, I'd have a zillion partially finished items.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:37 AM

I have to stick to one project at a time , otherwise I get confused . It's a curse the quilting witch put on me .
Old 03-11-2016, 05:54 AM

I always have several things going. I try to be better at doing just one at a time but I get side tracked!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:57 AM
bj

I only have one actual project at a time. I just don't have room for much else. But I do have a sampler box of coordinating fabrics that I play with if I'm between projects or just need a break. I like to audition blocks that catch my fancy just to see if I can figure them out. So far I have 32 blocks at last count. Almost enough for a quilt. I've made 3 sampler quilts using this strategy.