Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
More than one project >

More than one project

More than one project

Old 03-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Default More than one project

I have 3 things I am working on right now, my scrappy blocks, a wall hanging and comfort quilt. The comfort quilt I am finishing up by the weekend and then I will get back on track with my scrappy blocks. The wallhanging is just something fun I am doing. I seldom work on just one project from start to finish exclusively. What does everyone else do? More then one thing at a time or just one project?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Banned

I have had more than one project going since I can remember. Sometimes I start a project and see it through to the finish, but usually have at least three things going at once.

Cari
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 PM

More than one. Keeps me from getting bored. I am a trouble maker when I'm bored!
Old 03-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
More than one. Keeps me from getting bored. I am a trouble maker when I'm bored!
same here. I have different kinds going like a mini with embroidery, an art/thread quilt and a scrappy pieced right now.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:01 PM

I also have several. They are different than my UFO's. These are brought along but at different speeds, one is a complicated one (at least to me). It gets worked on and when I start making mistakes i set it aside until I am in a better mood..
Old 03-10-2016, 08:04 PM

I usually concentrate on one project at a time but I have a tendency to start another project once I reach the ready-to-quilt stage. I usually need to think on how to quilt something, sometimes I get stuck and just move on. Currently I'm hand quilting a full size quilt, I have a plan and do a little every day but it is slow going so I am also doing small fun projects at the same time in order to give me some time at my machine and time to be creative in choosing fabrics and design(storage tote for my rulers, sewing machine cover, selvedge pin cushion etc)
Old 03-10-2016, 08:27 PM

I do the same thing....am working on a queen size rag quilt but I have also done a smaller lap quilt and even a couple postcards to keep things interesting
Old 03-10-2016, 09:19 PM

I usually have a handful (or two) Currently I am hand sewing binding on 5. Need to do the machine part of the binding on 2, have one cut out and am auditioning fabrics for 3 others. I don't think I have worked on only 1 quilt since my first couple of quilts. Always have different stages going.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 10:14 PM

I ALWAYS have more than one thing going, not even counting my boxes of UFP's! Right now there are parts of three projects just on my sewing machine table, plus two non-quilt needlework projects in my purse and tote-bag.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:48 PM

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I have an unfinished delft quilt, (needs the borders to be finished.) I have 2 boxes with fabric and pattern requiring cutting. I also have a desire to finish both but no go in me to get started. I use to do a quilt a week with at least two others in different stages.