Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My "Studio" >

My "Studio"

My "Studio"

Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM

I share a room with the freezer, husbands dresser, his closet. I have a cutting table from Hancock(from my Mom) that butts up against the freezer. Freezer works well for holding things, until you need meat, which is everyday. Right behind the table I have a sewing cabinet I got at a second had store for $40.00. A small china cabinet I got at an auction. That holds fabric and yarn. My husband is in the process of putting in some closet cabinets from Lowe's for storage. Not done yet. The room is small, can only change your mind every couple of days. I am doing the new year clean up. I have taken before pictures but am waiting for the cabinets to get put in. I will post pictures when he is done. I can hardly wait. I love my small space. Makes me clean up more often. Sometimes. LOl Nice to read about your rooms.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:03 PM

Any place, no matter how small or large, can be called a studio. After all "works of Art" are being created :!: :!: :!:
Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM

We moved here recently.. and are staying in my SIL basement.. I have a plastic fold up table that gets moved from our bedroom to the livingroom in the basement and a really wabbly cutting table that is in serious need of attention.. But no matter where it is or where I am at.. I am so blessed.. I having a sewing machine that works, a sturdy enough table for my machine a family who supports my quilting and the love of my life who never really complains about it.. I have been promised when we get our place that there will be a room for my sewing, that will be a GREAT day.. but it is probably to try and control my mess.. LOL.. I work all week doing a job I enjoy.. but I live for my weekends.. where I can feed my more creative side, where ever in the basement my sewing table is set up.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM

Hey Painted Quilt, You are right. We are a very creative bunch. I actually have a sitting room in my house so I guess I can have a studio as well.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:13 AM

I have a tiny bedroom grandly called "the sewing room". Have stuff all over guest bedroom, also stashed away in storage in our bedroom too. The landing now has the ironing board and one side is "the design wall" (a radiator had to be moved for that). Hubby just refers to upstairs as "the factory".