Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My first vintage machine

Blog Entries
    I recently got an 1888 Davis machine that was originally in treadle that someone put a funky motor on in the 1930s (most likely from the paper I found with it). Just take the motor off and find a set of irons on eBay or Craigslist. It will happily be a treadle once again!!

Also, go on the Vintage Sewing Machines Virtual Page on here and look for Miriam's list of sources for information on restoring...I just read a lot of those yesterday and tackled my Davis last night with good result. There is a ton of information on the links she provided.

Good luck!! It's a fun project!!!

new user
    Thanks for the great info!!

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    I recently got an 1888 Davis machine that was originally in treadle that someone put a funky motor on in the 1930s (most likely from the paper I found with it). Just take the motor off and find a set of irons on eBay or Craigslist. It will happily be a treadle once again!!

Also, go on the Vintage Sewing Machines Virtual Page on here and look for Miriam's list of sources for information on restoring...I just read a lot of those yesterday and tackled my Davis last night with good result. There is a ton of information on the links she provided.

Good luck!! It's a fun project!!!

My grandmother had one similar to this...and there was a treadle across that bar at the bottom. I guess I remember the cabinet more than the machine...but the two drawers on each side, it all brings back memories. No telling what happened to hers...

Yours is beauty!!

Blog Entries
    Here is a link for repair information - be sure and watch Muv's clean up videos - there are 9 - all very well done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bidpJ..._order&list=UL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3