Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: My husband ordered me not to sew...

  1. #1
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    4,052
    Blog Entries
    6
    Can you believe it? Told me "if I see you do one more stitch...(insert unspoken threat here)...

    Of course, there is a reason he issued this "order".

    In the past week I have done nothing but sew until I drop, quite literally. 3 different nights I didn't go to bed until 3 or 4 am, and I have to get up for work no later than 6:30. Needless to say, I'm not getting much sleep.

    So, he probably is correct to issue his "order", but dang it...I just want to sew & get the Christmas gifts done!

  2. #2
    Senior Member qwkslver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    511
    I would do that except my neck hurts so I can only sit for so long.

  3. #3
    a regular here quilting cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,332
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I'd let him limit the hours I could sew, but not restrict entirely!

  4. #4
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,211
    LOL, I can relate to this. Just the other day my DH was lamenting that he is a "quilting widow". However, I am not pulling the all nighters that you are!

  5. #5
    Super Member AliKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,555
    He loves you. How wonderful he cares. You are one lucky gal. I'm sure it is only temporary or you two can compromise on how long or how much you sew per day ... for now.

    ali

  6. #6
    Super Member StitchinJoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    1,343
    Moderation is fine, but it seems like a joke this week. There's only pedal to the metal for many of us trying to get ready for the big day.

    Remember, if you can't finish a project, we still have Christmas. And you can give a gift certificate entitling the bearer to one finished quilt-- in January. It's a darn cold month, too!

  7. #7
    Super Member QuiltnCowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Calif (San Joaquin Valley)
    Posts
    4,052
    Blog Entries
    6
    LOL - Yes he does care, that's why he said something. I just got a kick out of how he made it sound like an "order". Like I'm going to pay any attention? lol

    Not to worry, the big projects are done, so I will cut back & cruise through the rest of them (fleece scarves) without the long hours I put into the quilts.

  8. #8
    omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
    Moderation is fine, but it seems like a joke this week. There's only pedal to the metal for many of us trying to get ready for the big day.

    Remember, if you can't finish a project, we still have Christmas. And you can give a gift certificate entitling the bearer to one finished quilt-- in January. It's a darn cold month, too!
    DITTOES!
    Sounds like a totally reasonable solution.
    Merry Christmas and Blessings for the coming New Year.
    If on THE day, you are too exhausted to be good company and enjoy your family and friends, then what have you actually accomplished?
    Relax!

  9. #9
    Senior Member pstoner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Solon, Iowa
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    LOL, I can relate to this. Just the other day my DH was lamenting that he is a "quilting widow". However, I am not pulling the all nighters that you are!
    Oh my, is he related by some chance to mine?

    I just throw it back at him, I am a "T.V widow, and twice a year, a farm widow". It usually keeps him quiet.

  10. #10
    omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    LOL - Yes he does care, that's why he said something. I just got a kick out of how he made it sound like an "order". Like I'm going to pay any attention? lol

    Not to worry, the big projects are done, so I will cut back & cruise through the rest of them (fleece scarves) without the long hours I put into the quilts.
    Oh! I get it! You practice "submission" from time to time, and he keeps practicing helping you! Got it! LOL

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.