Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My new baby 1956?

Blog Entries
    Well we did it!!!! again ...lol, we went to Goodwill in Amarillo Tx, and bought another sewing machine. Looked up serial # once we got home and she was born in 1956 in the USA. Last weeks buy was born Jan, 25 1965 in Scotland, Great Britain. Both came with cabinets. What was I thinking? Now I have to find parts and pieces for both of the little girls. Just 1 more addiction...LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh that's a beauty!!! I have the same addiction and I'm seriously running out of room and money! lol
    Thanks for sharing :D:D

Blog Entries
    Beautiful machines! Lucky you :D:D:D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
    Well we did it!!!! again ...lol, we went to Goodwill in Amarillo Tx, and bought another sewing machine. Looked up serial # once we got home and she was born in 1956 in the USA. Last weeks buy was born Jan, 25 1965 in Scotland, Great Britain. Both came with cabinets. What was I thinking? Now I have to find parts and pieces for both of the little girls. Just 1 more addiction...LOL
    And you have a Trapezoid Cabinet to boot! :shock: That is a great haul indeed!!! I have a chance at buying a Trapezoid cabinet in a blonde finish but all I would do is flip it.

Billy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen
    And you have a Trapezoid Cabinet to boot! :shock: That is a great haul indeed!!! I have a chance at buying a Trapezoid cabinet in a blonde finish but all I would do is flip it.

Billy
    It take it that $40.00 was not such a bad deal then?

Blog Entries
    Hi Billy, We would all like an update on your "bug". As well as the rest of the family, OK ? Sorry, don't mean to be pushy but we care.

Blog Entries
    OH, SERIOUSLY! this is getting rediculous! I want one. Has to be a wonderful machine, my birth year, they only made the best in 1956. Enjoy her, the color is great, too. thanks for enabling, er, I mean, sharing.

Too funny! Great find.

Well, I have added two to my collection in the past couple of weeks too.

The first is an early 70s Singer that we found at the trash service area. She cleaned up really nice and purrs like a dream. Doesn't have a case or cabinet but I am looking.

The second is a 60's Singer in a cabinet. I found her are the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. She was originally marked $75 - never even saw her then - and was reduced to $15 the morning I bought her. Haven't had a chance to work on her yet, but she runs and stitches well without any work. So my count is now up to 7 machines - but don't tell my husband.

Beautiful machines!!