Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My new favorite sewing must have!

Blog Entries
    It's the Mighty Bright LED Floor lamp. The whole viewing area is magnified. Wow, what a difference! I can hand sew my binding on and see every stitch. My appliqué is now invisible! I can see every little thread. My eyes just won't see like they use too and this lamp has made a world of difference. They vary in prices but here is one at Amazon like the one I bought at a local needlework shop. It's worth every penny no matter what you pay for it. And it runs on electric or batteries! http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Bright-.../dp/B001D49350

Thanks I was looking for a better craft light

It seems as I get older, I need much more light! Thanks for the info.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Just like the reviews mentioned, the balance is off on this one, as it's top heavy. It's been a deal breaker for me after years of annoyance with my older Ott floor lamp with detachable magnifier which was also top heavy.

I find it hard to understand why the manufacturers can't get this right!

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    Mine isn't top heavy at all, in fact the base is the heaviest part. I did buy it a needlework shop and paid about $30 more then the price listed on Amazon. It may be a better version. It is the same one the shop owner swears by and has available for all her needlework classes and the only brand she sells. I don't understand the review saying it has to be moved by picking up the base. I move mine all over by picking it up in the middle. It screwed together very solid. There must be different quality of the lamps made. :?

I have a regular light that rolls around and has a very heavy base, no magnifier, cost about 300.00, I can get different kinds of bulbs for it. I've had it for years.

Blog Entries
    I bought a daylight floor lamp last year when I was going to be housebound for all of January and February. It is wonderful, but not portable. My new machine is in a different room so I'll need something for her. I have an old clamp on lamp from JoAnn's in storage. It's not bad with a $8 daylight bulb in it.