Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have my Pfaff Back >

Have my Pfaff Back

Have my Pfaff Back

Old 01-18-2011, 05:01 PM

My DH took me to Mobile today to get my Pfaff checked out. Repaireman said it should take 3 hours. It took 5. One reason was because he is so friendly and loves to talk. Quite a bit about how good of a repairman he is. We left for a while to go to the nearby Walmart and to let him focus on my machine. When we got back he was still working on it and he showed me a lot about what goes on inside it. It was interesting. I had a few questions and he explained things to me and showed me how to use a couple of feet that I couldn't get to work for me. At one point, he was checking out the fancy stitch mechanisms and found out they were frozen in place. He looked right at me and said firmly -"They are frozen because you (me) don't use them." I told him I hadn't needed them yet. He looked at me again and more firmly repeated himself. I had to laugh to myself (inside where he couldn't hear me) and I calmly told him that I would use them from now on even just to keep them in working order. He was happy. He showed me how well they work after he lubricated them and I must say I will use them from now on because they really make nice stitches that I can use on my quilts. lol I really didn't know what a great machine I have because I wasn't fully making use of it. Anyway, it has been a long day after not sleeping for two nights and I will have to wait until tomorrow to check out my machine for myself. Oh, I was able to get two feet for it that I haven't been able to find anywhere. He gave me one of them for free and his wife gave me a $25 book called Piping Hot Curves - Accent curves in quilting with piping. She thanked me with it for traveling so far to take my business to them. He asked me if it was ok to put one of his stickers for his shop on my machine. I told him it was ok if it didn't curl up at the coners and come part of the way off and leave me with a mess. He assured me it wouldn't. I told him he could and he was happy. Now if my Pfaff works for me tomorrow, I will be happy. My DH is happy that we are back home and I can sew, again. He knows how much love it.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

Aw, so glad its home with you! Sounds like you found a great repair guy!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:44 PM

a treasure give him a mention if your machine feels good
Old 01-18-2011, 05:49 PM

I have two Pfaff's and I love them- I am devastated if I can't sew, so glad you are back in action!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Sounds like it was worth the trip! It sounds like you have found someone nice & reliable to service your machine. I have a Pfaff 2044 & I made a rag quilt once & used all of the different decorative stitches to make the X's in the squares. It was fun trying them all out & seeing which ones I likes best.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:10 PM

OOO I have an old Pfaff that I still love at 1473CD ... from 1990. I need to have it serviced since I plan on using it alot more but can't seem to part with it right now.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like a good repair man. Glad you found him. And I'm really glad your machine is home.