It is finished and right now washing it to really give it that raggedy look.
As y'all will recall me mentioning couple weeks ago I take scraps of fabric and just start sewing. Some of these scraps I cut using my 8 1/2" rag die.
I started sewing those rag squares yesterday and finished it up tonight.
I must say I'm actually surprised at how well it looks. Wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off or that it would even work.
It's a 6 x 6 squares in size for total of 36 squares. The front has the scrappy sewed pieces and the back has various batiks mixed in. I did with the back line up the greens and the blues which forms an X with the rest blended in.
I'm thinking of putting in 4 appliques on the reverse which where the blended batiks are.... either side up and down of the X lined ones. If I do go that route I will have to use a permanent non-sewing fusible like Heat N Bond since sewing in an applique most likely would ruin the front of it. Not sure what the design applique would be if I decide to go that route. If I decide not to than it will be what it is now.
Once I have washed it a couple times I'll take photo's and upload it here.