Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapy Bed Quilt

Finally finished that single bed quilt for my daughter which I've been quilting for the past three years! That's a long time and I wonder if I'm the only quilter around who takes that long a time to finish one. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Very pretty! I don't think it's unusual to take so long on a project. I've got a few things started for me that have been in the works for a while now. I keep putting them aside to make gifts.

Blog Entries
    Great job!!! :thumbup:

Banned
    Very nice!

Power Poster
    Very nice and your daughter looks happy!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations. Always feels good when another is finished.

Looks like she really likes it. I love the second set of hands. I like the way you layout you used.

Well worth the wait, it is gorgeous! WTG!

Beautiful quilt.

Love the way you used your scraps! This is beautiful!! I'm hand quilting a queen size and it seems to be taking forever...so I can totally understand how it can take that long to finish a quilt. But you stayed with it and finished it...that's what counts!

Looks great! Very much worth the time it took to finish. I took 25 years to finish the top of a GFG. I still need to sandwich and quilt it. I am retired 1 year now and have started several other quilts. Only 1 finished.

Blog Entries
    Love scrappy quilts - you did a great job!

Blog Entries
    The end what we" quilters" count :thumbup:

Beautiful! I can tell she loves it. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Scrappy quilts are the best! You are definitely not the only one who takes years to finish! Right now I'm trying to get a quilt finished up that I started for my daughter when she was in either kindergarten or 1st grade......she graduates high school next week! I'm trying to finish it for a grad gift! How lame is that!!!!

One of the prettiest scrappy quilts I have seen. great job!

You're not the only one that takes time. I have one from the 1930's. Someday!

So pretty, and your daughter's wonderful smile tells it all. Who is hiding behind the second set of hands? :-)

Very pretty! I'm also a slow finisher. Work, kids, travel, crises...never finished my kids' baby quilts. But each have "bought" quilts (REAL quilts made by actual individual quilters-NOT sweatshop mass-produced pseudo-quilts) and mom-made cuddle quilts. Your daughter's quilt is so lovely, worth the wait.

Great quilt and is that cute child in the picture the lucky recipient? Absolutely adorable.

And no you are absolutely NOT the only quilter that takes that long to finish a quilt. Every quilt I have hand quilted has taken at least that long which would explain why I have only completed 3 handquilted quilts and am working on my 4th. I have been working on this WIP since before I joined this board. I finished the piecing over 2 years ago and still handquilting away at it. Let's see, I bought the fabric for it about 5 years ago where it waited patiently in my stash for me to start it. I probably finished piecing it about 2 1/2 years ago. Sat around for a few months waiting to be sandwiched and basted and I have been plugging away at it fairly steadily since then. There are weeks when I don't touch it and then work on it religiously every evening while watching TV with DH. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and am almost done with the center of the quilt and on to the borders. I hope to have it done in time to enter it in the local show here in September so am feeling the pressure of completion now.

Very Pretty....Love the colors!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee G
    So pretty, and your daughter's wonderful smile tells it all. Who is hiding behind the second set of hands? :-)
    The 2nd set of hands belongs to a human...I need to clarify! LOL. They belong to my younger daughter, and the width of the quilt is obviously taller than her!

Beautiful quilt.

Very pretty, Daughter looks happy to finally have it done. I only machine quilt now and can make a quilt in a 2-3 weeks. When I hand quilted I would put them off, sore fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Great quilt and is that cute child in the picture the lucky recipient? Absolutely adorable.

And no you are absolutely NOT the only quilter that takes that long to finish a quilt. Every quilt I have hand quilted has taken at least that long which would explain why I have only completed 3 handquilted quilts and am working on my 4th. I have been working on this WIP since before I joined this board. I finished the piecing over 2 years ago and still handquilting away at it. Let's see, I bought the fabric for it about 5 years ago where it waited patiently in my stash for me to start it. I probably finished piecing it about 2 1/2 years ago. Sat around for a few months waiting to be sandwiched and basted and I have been plugging away at it fairly steadily since then. There are weeks when I don't touch it and then work on it religiously every evening while watching TV with DH. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and am almost done with the center of the quilt and on to the borders. I hope to have it done in time to enter it in the local show here in September so am feeling the pressure of completion now.
    Yes, that's my elder girl Edith and she's the proud recipient of the quilt! :D I promised her the quilt for Christmas 3 years ago and it is a delayed pressie year after year. Now it's the middle of May, Christmas' over and her birthday's over....so it will just be a gift of love from my heart.

I love to hand quilt too and have finished 3 other handquilted projects. As this is a huge one, I decided to MQ instead. I'm sure you could finish your current project in no time and it would be beautiful! Good luck in the quilt show! :)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast