Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My Tip Was Published in Easy Quilts Magazine

About a month or so ago, I got an email from Fons and Porter saying that I had won a prize for giving a quilting tip. The prize was a discount to their website on my purchase. They said my suggestion would also be printed in their Fall 2011 magazine.

I got my Easy Quilts magazine Monday, left it on my coffee table (which is totally unlike me not to open it the second I get it) and finally looked at it last night. Right there on page 9 under member tips was my suggestion. I thought it would be in the Fons and Porter magazine. Now I remember that I entered the tip under the Quilters Club of America.

FYI - the TV table cost $10.00, the ironing board cover cost $15.00. Total cost out of pocket was $25.00. (Already had the table and staples.) To buy one online cost $50.00 plus shipping.

Ironing board TV tray
    Name:  Attachment-219038.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  18.3 KB

Backside
    Name:  Attachment-219039.jpe
Views: 40
Size:  30.6 KB

Folded
    Name:  Attachment-219041.jpe
Views: 48
Size:  21.2 KB

Blog Entries
    do you have a picture of what you did with the table?

Quote Originally Posted by clynns
    About a month or so ago, I got an email from Fons and Porter saying that I had won a prize for giving a quilting tip. The prize was a discount to their website on my purchase. They said my suggestion would also be printed in their Fall 2011 magazine.

I got my Easy Quilts magazine Monday, left it on my coffee table (which is totally unlike me not to open it the second I get it) and finally looked at it last night. Right there on page 9 under member tips was my suggestion. I thought it would be in the Fons and Porter magazine. Now I remember that I entered the tip under the Quilters Club of America.

FYI - the TV table cost $10.00, the ironing board cover cost $15.00. Total cost out of pocket was $25.00. (Already had the table and staples.) To buy one online cost $50.00 plus shipping.

Blog Entries
    Now that's a smart idea, especially for those of us who can't stand too long at ironing board. However my tv trays would not hold the weight of ironing, now another table I have that rolls. hmmmmm got an idea here.

It's especially useful when working on a Log Cabin. Right now I'm working on a quilt for my DSIL and the collection is De Ja Brew. I'm adding 'frames' around to make it 12 1/2 inches. That's alot of sewing. My strips are 1 1/2 inches in size. Some of the fussy cut squares start at 4x4. I have it right next to me. No up and down for me. Although I could use the exercise. LOL

Blog Entries
    I got a wooden tv tray at gs but haven't fixed it yet!! Yours looks great!!

That's a great tip, I made one nigh on identical and use a pillowcase with an elastic edge as my ironing cover so I can launder it regularly.

Well done on getting into print :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingJaguar
    Now that's a smart idea, especially for those of us who can't stand too long at ironing board. However my tv trays would not hold the weight of ironing, now another table I have that rolls. hmmmmm got an idea here.
    your reg. ironing board should be adjustable too. i sit in the living room or kitchen and press.

Congrats on the tip being published!

Way to go! love it.

Another use that I have found for this littel table is that I put it to the left of me, adjacent to the quilting table for when I am quilting to support the weight of the quilt, so handy as it folds up out of the way too :thumbup: