Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-13-2010, 01:02 PM
cka

Funny you should say that...Our WM has a small fabric dept. The other day (or actually night) about 10pm, I meandered through the dept and found a really cute fabric that my brain screamed "You can't live without this one"! Well, no one came to my gentle "ding" on the bell. No one came to my demanding "ding, ding, ding,,," on the bell. No one answered my call to the service desk...Hummm. What options do I have? I cut my own length and carried it and the bolt to the register. To say the least, the cashier was very surprised and had no clue what to do. She called her CSM, who was just as clueless. She called the night manager, who put his hands on his hips and declared that I had damaged store property and could be held liable for purchase of the whole bolt...I handed him my cell phone and suggested he call 911 and see if anyone really cared? I got 2 yards of wonderful fabric for free after I added at a less than quiet voice that if departments are available to guests 24/7/365, they should be staffed appropriately...I received applause from several guests...and took the appropriate bow upon leaving the checkout lane.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:50 PM

good for you! Like I stated before, it's not so much the employees who are at fault, but rather the way large corporations work.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Our walmart doesn't even have fabric anymore. tear. But as for the help one recieves it is very sparatic.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
a great deal of the "reports" in this topic are inaccurate and misleading. it happens every time somebody starts one like this.

one person has a bad experience in one location of a chain operation. she automatically assumes the every location is the same. she posts to vent her dissatisfaction. other individuals who are less than 100% thrilled with their experience(s) in their local chain store will pile on with their own horror stories.

since most people don't have the time or patience to slog through obviously negative topics, we don't hear equally from people who've had good experiences. it's only those who are willing to "go the extra mile" to support truth, accuracy and fair play who try their best to provide some balance.

how many hundreds or thousands of walmarts are there in the world? how many departments, managers and employees within each store? there's no way they can all be perfect. like anything that involves human beings, you'll find a mixture of good and bad. my local walmart is a good example of that. i usually walk out satisfied, but not always.

the same can be said of most places we shop nowadays.

anybody looking at this topic during their first visit to our board will likely think we're just a bunch of cranky old broads with nothing better to do than complain, complain, complain. (and to encourage each other to resort to all sorts of bad behavior to get what they want.)

if the pattern holds true to its history, this comment will now be followed by a few dozen more negative comments about walmart in general and my addition in particular.

that's how we roll. :roll: :lol:?
My Walmart in Missoula, Mt. carries fabric. The sales girls are friendly and nice and I got on the list to be called for the fabric of the month, and get a friendly phone call every month. I don't have any complaints about the Walmart and they are enlarging to be a super WM but said they will keep their fabric dept. I am hoping to see more bolts come into the store, but the 2 ladies that work there seem to know what they are doing and are helpful. I agree with the quote I am replying to. We need to only print the truth, and not come across as complaining quilters/sewers.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:24 PM

The impression I am getting from reading some of these posts is that people are more intent on telling us how they got one over on Walmart by "standing up for themselves" than they are in complaining about Walmart.

I always thought quilters were a kind, generous bunch for the most part. It is a bit unsettling for me to read posts by several people who are describing their own rude behaviour and seem to be proud of it.

Janie
Old 07-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JanieW
The impression I am getting from reading some of these posts is that people are more intent on telling us how they got one over on Walmart by "standing up for themselves" than they are in complaining about Walmart.

I always thought quilters were a kind, generous bunch for the most part. It is a bit unsettling for me to read posts by several people who are describing their own rude behaviour and seem to be proud of it.

Janie
come over here so i can hug you! :thumbup:
Old 07-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Janie
WalMart has many, many good employees, managers, and stores. However, complaining to WalMart about bad customer service is like trying to take a child's spade and bucket set to clean up the Gulf Coast beaches. It's not going to work. They're too monolithic and control too much of the market. In many cases they're the only game in town. The only thing you can do is vent.

Also, I do not believe that standing up for yourself is being rude. Just like disagreeing with Congress, the President, your governor, local Sheriff, etc., is not unpatriotic.

My primary physician winces everytime I refer to another doctor in his organization as "that idiot doctor". However, as I pointed out to him, he has never misdiagnosed me and is in no danger of ever being referred to in that manner. On the other hand, when I complained about having had a cough for six months that wouldn't go away, "that idiot doctor" made a snap diagnosis that because I suffered from the fatal F's (fat, female and over forty) there was nothing wrong with me but Acid Reflux disease and gave me Pepsid. Turned out that I had lung cancer - fairly advanced. That's why I call him "that idiot doctor."
Old 07-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure

Janie
WalMart has many, many good employees, managers, and stores. However, complaining to WalMart about bad customer service is like trying to take a child's spade and bucket set to clean up the Gulf Coast beaches. It's not going to work. They're too monolithic and control too much of the market. In many cases they're the only game in town. The only thing you can do is vent.

Also, I do not believe that standing up for yourself is being rude. Just like disagreeing with Congress, the President, your governor, local Sheriff, etc., is not unpatriotic.

My primary physician winces everytime I refer to another doctor in his organization as "that idiot doctor". However, as I pointed out to him, he has never misdiagnosed me and is in no danger of ever being referred to in that manner. On the other hand, when I complained about having had a cough for six months that wouldn't go away, "that idiot doctor" made a snap diagnosis that because I suffered from the fatal F's (fat, female and over forty) there was nothing wrong with me but Acid Reflux disease and gave me Pepsid. Turned out that I had lung cancer - fairly advanced. That's why I call him "that idiot doctor."
OMG - I have never heard that one LOL what's after 3 F? I'm definitely in that catagory

:lol:
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Power Poster

Maybe the associates should start their own thread called
"guests/customers from hell"
Old 07-13-2010, 03:36 PM

When our WalMaart carried fabric we had a great fabric dept.The lady always took time to chat and cut at the same time.