Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Mystery Box

Mystery Box

I know someone here bought the mystery box at 1/2 price from Craftsy. Just wondering if its worth it as they have another one offered.

Blog Entries
    Wow, three words that can really open a can of worms: Craftsy Mystery Box! Here are links to 2 threads that were started after the last time the boxes were offered. Some people were pleased and some people were returning theirs. I didn't purchase one as I am trying to be good on my fabric diet. Buying unknown contents of a package makes me nervous anyway, I like to pick out my fabrics myself!! I can never buy a grab bag at the LQS (or anywhere else for that matter!) because I don't know what I will end up with!

Craftsy Deals - Mystery Box

Craftsy mystery box
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

There seemed to be mixed reviews of the deal...If it were me, I think I would pass, and spend my money on something I know I would like

For $55 you're supposedly getting something with an MSRP of $110. But you don't know what it is and (according to the web site) can't return it if you don't like it. Keep in mind that the MSRP is often above the price that everyone sells the item for, and there are always sales somewhere. If you like those conditions, then buy it, but I wouldn't.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Go to Craftsy.com and read the bio of these founding guys; not much business training among them. And they look much more like young, healthy, outdoorsy Colorado types than (most) of us us who do the sort of 'craft' WE do.

I'd much prefer to buy from others who are doing the same 'craft' I am and are committed to it for the art more than the business of promoting themselves.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

It is a gamble. I was lucky and loved my box and would probably have ordered this one but the budget didn't allow for it.

Plus I am holding out for a line of fabric that is due in August.
    Sabrina
    Mommy to a 6 year old little girl, 3 dogs, 5 cats, and 2 fish. lol Life keeps me busy but when I have a moment, I love to sew
    http://ataleofamilitaryfamily.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/HugsLove