Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery Quilts - have you done any ?

Blog Entries
    I am doing my first one now from McCall's. Fun so far!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

My LQS is hosting a Mystery Quilt BOM. I'm not really feeling the colors I choose so I think I will choose new fabric and see if that will get me more excited about it.

Blog Entries
    I signed up for a Mystery Quilt Sunday at my LQS. They gave us a sheet with fabric requirements (fabrics of our own choice) and cutting instructions. We brought our cut pieces and our machines and notions and we got the instructions in steps. We sewed step one, then got step two, etc.The LQS furnished lunch and beverages. We had a lovely sewing day with a wonderful lunch and comaraderie and came home with a beautiful finished quilt top. Well worth the cost of the day. I think the fee was around $40.00 (not counting the cost of materials).
    "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane!"
    Valarie

Blog Entries
    Sharon, you know I have. I really like them. Can't wait for the next one.
    Happy Quilting.

Blog Entries
    McDaniel I heard you are meeting up with a mutual friend today- I am going tomorrow for breakfast ! Wish we could have planned to meet up all at once
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Quote Originally Posted by Fabriclovr View Post
    I love Love LOVE mystery quilts!!! I have done so many, I have lost track! I loved doing the New Years Day/Super Bowl Mystery! Wanta see my completed top?

Attachment 313071
    I love this quilt. Is it too late to get the pattern from somewhere?
    Dina

Mystery quilts are definitely addictive!!! I have done two so far and I am doing the McCalls's one too! Our lqs has done a Superbowl mystery the last two years! They are fantastic! I did mine completely scrappy! No worries about which fabric is going where! For the lqs we sign up in October and get a new clue each month until we get together on Superbowl Sunday to put it all together. It is a blast! We start at 11 in the morning and have snacks and social time and by the time we all left, most were well on their way to having the top done! I can brag a little, I was the only one to get it done that day! Minus the borders! Now I am adding borders and I am actually going to put it on our bed!!! I will look around and see if I can find the camera, if it works and will take a pic to post.

I did two quilts and one mystery bag.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 02-18-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    Anna Quilts

ok
    so not being on here for to long What is a Mystery Quilt? I see Quilters talking about them, so now I ask!

Blog Entries
    I like to pick my colors according to the quilt and Mystery Quilts keep that a mystery, and that drives me crazy. I guess I don't really like surprises. I've done one Mystery Quilt and would have chosen different fabrics had I known what it would end up being like. I guess I'm not a fan of Mystery Quilts.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast