Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nancy Kirk's Christmas Message

Suz
    Quilty Friends,

This is a beautiful, timely message about the quilt she designed, helped piece with 15 ladies from her church. It is a long read but you will be surprised and blessed at the ending. We should all be so lucky to be involved in such a project.

http://www.kirkcollection.com/thechristmasquilt.pdf

Suzanne
    Fooled Me!! Here is the response from Nancy regarding the note I wrote her. Regardless, still a nice story.

"Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your nice note.

This was a work of fiction, although I did see a vision of the quilt as I woke up one day, I do have children named Ben and Jessie, I used to live in a town called Bethel (House of God), Sophia Fahs was my gradmother, and there are many children born called Manuel.

I am currently looking for an illustrator and hope to turn the story into a book in the next year.

Regards,
    Nancy Kirk "

Although I dont know who Nancy Kirk is, (sorry!) this post has given me a wonderful idea for a Christmas wall hanging for next year. Ive just had the idea based on a Christmas cake I made and iced for my daughter a couple of years ago......I must look for the photo!!..........Thankyou Suz.....I'll keep you posted!

Karen