Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: National Sewing Month

If I can get the 2 year old to go outside with Daddy for a while, we are going to give it a go! I haven't told her, yet.

My granddaughter learned on my Janome 6500 when she was 5. She is now 8 and does everything herself, including the rotary cutting (with a Klutz glove and adult supervision.) She recently f******d a very nice doll quilt and is ready to start a new project.

Boo
    Just a note on the subject of National Sewing Month. September may be National Sewing Month, but March is National Quilting Month. I think that means we have 2 months. You all with me on this?????? LOL More is better if ya ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Just a note on the subject of National Sewing Month. September may be National Sewing Month, but March is National Quilting Month. I think that means we have 2 months. You all with me on this?????? LOL More is better if ya ask me!
    Boo, I second that! LOL. I can't wait for March!

I decide that I had done enough projects for everyone else and since this was Nat'l Sewing month decided to complete a UFO that has been in the closet for over 8 years. It is a wall hanging that is made up of 2 pieces of fabric scraps from a lady who worked at a bed spread factory. Its the sunshine and shadows pattern. One side is a swirly abstract print with gold thread in it and the other is a polished cotton in black. This may be a bit heavy for a big quilt but they are fine for this little wall quilt. It looked awful too! I couldn't believe that I did it! I started off by ripping off the 2 borders and squaring it up. Added a strip of a gold oriental print and a nice red from Moda's "tis the Season" I got the new borders on last night and spray basted it this morning. Hope to have a picture of it by this weekend. I just decided that it was my turn. I still have lots of projects for others that need atention, but am taking a break from all that and giving myself a present.

Now I am off my soap box and back to work work. If you know what I mean--the kind other people pay you to do.

Quote Originally Posted by vicki reno
    I decide that I had done enough projects for everyone else and since this was Nat'l Sewing month decided to complete a UFO that has been in the closet for over 8 years. It is a wall hanging that is made up of 2 pieces of fabric scraps from a lady who worked at a bed spread factory. Its the sunshine and shadows pattern. One side is a swirly abstract print with gold thread in it and the other is a polished cotton in black. This may be a bit heavy for a big quilt but they are fine for this little wall quilt. It looked awful too! I couldn't believe that I did it! I started off by ripping off the 2 borders and squaring it up. Added a strip of a gold oriental print and a nice red from Moda's "tis the Season" I got the new borders on last night and spray basted it this morning. Hope to have a picture of it by this weekend. I just decided that it was my turn. I still have lots of projects for others that need atention, but am taking a break from all that and giving myself a present.

Now I am off my soap box and back to work work. If you know what I mean--the kind other people pay you to do.
    Great! You should take this time for yourself. You could definitely use a break as hard as you work! I can't wait to see the wallhanging.

Thanks! Well as I said the points don't all point but because of the colors it doesn't show from a distance. That's all I care about. I think I will put it on the wall behind the bed.

Vicky~
    Congrats on taking time for you!
    I'm with Heather--make sure to post pics...

Yes Ma'am

:D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast