View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:13 AM
live2teach

Originally Posted by vicki reno
I decide that I had done enough projects for everyone else and since this was Nat'l Sewing month decided to complete a UFO that has been in the closet for over 8 years. It is a wall hanging that is made up of 2 pieces of fabric scraps from a lady who worked at a bed spread factory. Its the sunshine and shadows pattern. One side is a swirly abstract print with gold thread in it and the other is a polished cotton in black. This may be a bit heavy for a big quilt but they are fine for this little wall quilt. It looked awful too! I couldn't believe that I did it! I started off by ripping off the 2 borders and squaring it up. Added a strip of a gold oriental print and a nice red from Moda's "tis the Season" I got the new borders on last night and spray basted it this morning. Hope to have a picture of it by this weekend. I just decided that it was my turn. I still have lots of projects for others that need atention, but am taking a break from all that and giving myself a present.

Now I am off my soap box and back to work work. If you know what I mean--the kind other people pay you to do.
Great! You should take this time for yourself. You could definitely use a break as hard as you work! I can't wait to see the wallhanging.