Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need advice, please >

Need advice, please

Need advice, please

Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 PM

It won't hurt your quilt to fold it when you are packaging it to give it away. It is a quilt. They are meant to be folded, drug around, wadded up, made into forts, etc. The only time you really have to worry about folding and such is if you are putting it away for ages. If you plan to store it for months you want to avoid wooden shelves and such.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 PM

deedum..the care instructions should have been on the batting package. Did you keep the package by any chance? You might make a copy of the care instructions or just cut that section off of the package and ad it in with the quilt. I am guessing the quilt is cotton fabrics. so the care would depend on the batting mainly. If it's a cotton batting it will shrink. You might mention that because if she washes it she might think she did something wrong when it draws up or shrinks. It's a very pretty quilt I am sure the newlyweds will treasure it. I too like the pillow case idea. Thanks for sharing. crafty_linda_b
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Pillowcase is a good idea or a drawstring bag (bit like the one's sleeping bags come in) do it in cotton and you could even print the care instructions on to a piece of fabric and sew in on the bag/pillowcase. Oh and the quilt is beautiful too!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 AM

Thanks everyone, I did keep the batting package. Gee, I never thought to read the package on that. Certainly will now. I will make sure too put a nifty little note in on how to care for the quilt. Thanks to everyone for the kindness. Made an nice little pillow case now with a drawstring! I will be glad to deliver it!