Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need alittle Help

Dose anyone get the fons & porter magazine. I'm trying to make the Montana Hearth quilt it is in the september/october 2010 issue. The directions; cut 6 ( 1 3/4"-wide) stripes. From strips cut 80 diamonds. I got that, but under that it says 160 C. What dose the 160 C main. Can anyone explain to me what I have to do with the 160 C. Thanks labug

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    If I was reading that, I would interpret it as meaning that the 2 larger angles in the diamond should measure 160 degrees each. And if I remember my high school greometry correctly, that means the other 2 angles in the diamond should measure 20 degrees each. In any quadrilateral the total of all the angles = 360, right??

But make sure someone else agrees with or corrects this BEFORE YOU CUT! If it wasn't for a math tutor I'd still be in high school! Boy, did I hate math! :(

160 cuts, maybe?

Blog Entries
    I would email the magazine. If you have that question, there is sure to be many more that have the same question about it.

Mary

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    OK - disregard everything I said above! I remembered that I had that magazine and checked the pattern. The large angles are 135 degrees.

My mother used to say, "When all else fails, read the directions". And nowhere else does it mention "160 C.".

Soooooo...... I have no clue what "160 C" means. Sorry! :-(

Blog Entries
    I would take it that I had to make two cuts to get one diamond shape. I can't follow written directions for quilt patterns without pictures.

Thanks to all that tried to help I have wrote fons & porter and not heard back yet. labug

Is there a pattern piece labeled "C"? Maybe you are also supposed to cut 160 of that template?

Thanks to all Yes that is what you are suppose to do 160 pc of template c. Do I fell dumb. Thanks labug

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Glad it worked out!