Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need an easy baby quilt pattern for a girl

Hi, I'm new to quilting & just played around now I need to get make a baby quilt for a friend and can't find an easy baby quilt does anyone have a idea?
    tks
    Shanna

I have made several baby quilts with this pattern called "and baby takes 3" You can find it here : http://www.the-teachers-pet.com/pennyrugs.html

Hi, I have made several quilts using the Warm Wishes pattern, or pinwheels. you can do a 4 patch. these all turn out great and are super easy. Elaine

Most of the baby quilts I've made so far have been flannel rag quilts - 6" squares, three layers of flannel, quilted in the middle with an X or star, then sewn together (at least 1/2" seam allowance) and the seam allowances cut to be soft and raggy. I make them 10 blocks by 10 blocks, 6 inches unfinished. It makes a nice large baby blanket - great for wrapping up in the stroller, also usable past crib size (which they really do grow out of quickly). My son was given a Just Can't Cut it baby size (6" blocks instead of 12") before I started quilting, and it's at least 55". The only reason he still uses it is because it was made big enough!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I've made the Baby Bricks before and found the pattern very easy.

http://www.quiltbus.com/quick.htm