Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: quilt show in Tucson Az

  1. #1
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    its kinda a late notice, but the 22nd 23rd 24th of Jan,the Tucson Quilters Guild is having their annual Quilt Fiesta,it wil be at the Tucson Convention Center,starting at 10am each day.lots of beautiful quilts to see,demos,speakers,lots of Vendors,door prizes.a great time to be had by all.
    So if you are in town that weekend come to the quilt show,you won't be disaapointed

  2. #2
    Super Member Oklahoma Suzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home town: Rehoboth, MA Now living in OK
    Posts
    7,897
    I wish I could go.

  3. #3
    Super Member craftiladi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nv.
    Posts
    2,226
    Blog Entries
    1
    Do you by any chance have a address?

  4. #4
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    260 S Church Ave.Tucson Az,if you need anyother info please feel free to ask and I will get you the answers

  5. #5
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/quiltshow.htm
    if you click on this link it will take you to the website for more info also

  6. #6
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/quiltshow.htm
    if you click on this link it will take you to the website for more info also
    http://www.karencombs.com/Fun_Stuff.htm
    I went to the Tucsonquilters guild site and I'm jelious. I was looking through the guest speakers and found this Karen Combs. She has some really nice posts in her website.
    I live in a town of 1500 and wish I lived closer to such a nice
    guild. I think there are 30 in the guild here. Whoopie.
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to go back in that website and play. Have fun at the show. Would you buy me a raffle ticket for that quilt? Did you help with that quilt?

  7. #7
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt

  8. #8
    Super Member brookemarie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,750
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/quiltshow.htm
    if you click on this link it will take you to the website for more info also
    http://www.karencombs.com/Fun_Stuff.htm
    I went to the Tucsonquilters guild site and I'm jelious. I was looking through the guest speakers and found this Karen Combs. She has some really nice posts in her website.
    I live in a town of 1500 and wish I lived closer to such a nice
    guild. I think there are 30 in the guild here. Whoopie.
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to go back in that website and play. Have fun at the show. Would you buy me a raffle ticket for that quilt? Did you help with that quilt?
    I think your still doing better than us over here. Our little village is TINY and we don't even have a guild.... how do you think we could go about starting one... maybe that would be somethiing for me to look into.
    Does anyone know of a quilt show that ever goes on in central NY?

  9. #9
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt
    Well I'm jelious. It looks like a fun guild. Is it held every month?
    Sometimes I go to the Spokane guild with about 200 members
    but its an hour away. Its only every 3 months. They do get some good speakers. I'm not very active with it because of the distance. I need to move. Thats all there is to it. When I lived in Spokane I didn't sew.
    Hey is that a Great Dane in your Avatar? I love Danes.
    I met 2 rescues yesterday. They are so awesome.

  10. #10
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/quiltshow.htm
    if you click on this link it will take you to the website for more info also
    http://www.karencombs.com/Fun_Stuff.htm
    I went to the Tucsonquilters guild site and I'm jelious. I was looking through the guest speakers and found this Karen Combs. She has some really nice posts in her website.
    I live in a town of 1500 and wish I lived closer to such a nice
    guild. I think there are 30 in the guild here. Whoopie.
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to go back in that website and play. Have fun at the show. Would you buy me a raffle ticket for that quilt? Did you help with that quilt?
    I think your still doing better than us over here. Our little village is TINY and we don't even have a guild.... how do you think we could go about starting one... maybe that would be somethiing for me to look into.
    Does anyone know of a quilt show that ever goes on in central NY?
    Wow its hard to imagine there is a place that small in NY.
    I've never been to NY. Type in Google "NY quilt shows" and see which 1 is closest to you. Do you have a little newpaper where you live? We have 1 that comes out once a week.
    If you know other quilters get the word out that you want to start a guild. Or just a once a month quilters get together.
    I can see what it would take to start a guild though. I can ask
    the lady that has the quilt store here.

  11. #11
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt
    My mom and dad are snow chickens in Yuma. I should go visit them and accidently end up in Tucson that weekend.
    :mrgreen:

  12. #12
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,788
    Thanks for the date. I knew it was January, and started to wonder which weekend a few days ago. Glad to not miss it :)

  13. #13
    Super Member brookemarie19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,750
    dglvr... Thanks I did a search and found a guild that is only 30 minutes from my house which is a miracle since I live right in the middle of several big cities but its 1 to 1.5 hour to get anywhere. I emailed them so hopefully I can get some info soon. I will do another search for the quilt shows an dsee what I can find. Thanks again.

  14. #14
    Super Member Rose Marie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Clay Springs AZ
    Posts
    3,223
    The yearly quilt show in Phoenix AZ is on the 28 thru 30 of Jan at the fairgrounds.
    This is mostly a vendors booths show but it is a big one.

  15. #15
    Super Member craftiladi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Nv.
    Posts
    2,226
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks so much for posting the information for me. It ends up being a 500 plus mile trip [one way] so probably not this time. This is one of the few times when i miss living in san diego.
    Everyone going have a great time.

  16. #16
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt
    My mom and dad are snow chickens in Yuma. I should go visit them and accidently end up in Tucson that weekend.
    :mrgreen:
    sounds like an excellant plan!

  17. #17
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt
    Well I'm jelious. It looks like a fun guild. Is it held every month?
    Sometimes I go to the Spokane guild with about 200 members
    but its an hour away. Its only every 3 months. They do get some good speakers. I'm not very active with it because of the distance. I need to move. Thats all there is to it. When I lived in Spokane I didn't sew.
    Hey is that a Great Dane in your Avatar? I love Danes.
    I met 2 rescues yesterday. They are so awesome.
    yes he is a dane,Edward.He is a year old now and he is awesome

  18. #18
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    Thanks for the date. I knew it was January, and started to wonder which weekend a few days ago. Glad to not miss it :)
    they changed the weekend,it used to be this coming weekend,but they changed it to next weekend,which I like better

  19. #19
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    wow that is a samll town,at last count I think we have around 900 members.some snow birds.Iw ould be glad to buy you a raffle ticket and no I did not help with the quilt
    Well I'm jelious. It looks like a fun guild. Is it held every month?
    Sometimes I go to the Spokane guild with about 200 members
    but its an hour away. Its only every 3 months. They do get some good speakers. I'm not very active with it because of the distance. I need to move. Thats all there is to it. When I lived in Spokane I didn't sew.
    Hey is that a Great Dane in your Avatar? I love Danes.
    I met 2 rescues yesterday. They are so awesome.
    forgot to add that yes we meet once a month,there is a meeting at nite for the people who work and then the next morning there is another meeting,with the same speaker speaking at both

  20. #20
    Super Member dglvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by brookemarie19
    dglvr... Thanks I did a search and found a guild that is only 30 minutes from my house which is a miracle since I live right in the middle of several big cities but its 1 to 1.5 hour to get anywhere. I emailed them so hopefully I can get some info soon. I will do another search for the quilt shows an dsee what I can find. Thanks again.
    No problem. You'll have to let us know what you find out.
    You know, the info on the quilt guild you found. How many
    members and all that good fun stuff. Hope its fun. Hope its bigger that the one here in this town. :-D

  21. #21
    Junior Member Paula Z in AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the Middle of the Desert :D
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    its kinda a late notice, but the 22nd 23rd 24th of Jan,the Tucson Quilters Guild is having their annual Quilt Fiesta,it wil be at the Tucson Convention Center,starting at 10am each day.lots of beautiful quilts to see,demos,speakers,lots of Vendors,door prizes.a great time to be had by all.
    So if you are in town that weekend come to the quilt show,you won't be disaapointed
    I had the same thought but better late than never, right? I posted this earlier today however...I should have named it something else.

    Quilt Fiesta! January 22, 23 & 24, 2010
    http://tucsonquiltersguild.com/quiltshow.htm

    Tucson Convention Center
    260 South Church Street
    Tucson, Arizona

    I try to go all three days, depending on whether or not I get through all the quilts ~ it has been growing each year and it's HUGE!

    Friday's I visit the vendors being sure to bring two bags with me - last year I nearly ran out of room!! There are hundreds of vendors, really! Then, if time permits, I start looking and the drooling begins...

    Saturday I take my camera and work my way through the quilts. I always purchase the CD but take my camera as there are always some quilts which I want close-ups of or a particular block in a quilt, etc. etc.

    I'll go on Sunday (camera in hand) if I don't get to see all the quilts Saturday; otherwise, I stay home and drool over my purchases from Friday...LOL

    EXTRA NEWS!!!
    I am meeting up with two other Ladies from this board this weekend (1-16) for breakfast which will, of course, include talking about quilts, fabric, and especially where we'll meet when we get to the quilt show. I already know where I'm going for lunch while I'm downtown, too!!

    Are you planning to attend? If you are interested PM me and we can talk

    See ya there!

    2010 Raffle Quilt
    Name:  Attachment-58684.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  48.2 KB

  22. #22
    Junior Member Campbell34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu City Az
    Posts
    196
    Darn, I would love to go down there :cry: , maybe the next time , DO you have one every year or every 2 years like we do here in Lake Havasu? Weather is really beautiful right now , Glad we live in Arizona :thumbup:

  23. #23
    Junior Member Campbell34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lake Havasu City Az
    Posts
    196
    Do you think it was changed because of Road to Calif, that is this weekend

  24. #24
    Super Member azdesertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    tucson Az
    Posts
    1,124
    yes we do have it every year.usually the 2nd weekend in January,but it was changed this year,they told us why but I don't remember.I plan on going on Sat.we should all waer little name tags that say quilting board member,that way we can spot each other

  25. #25
    Junior Member Paula Z in AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the Middle of the Desert :D
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by azdesertrat
    yes we do have it every year.usually the 2nd weekend in January,but it was changed this year,they told us why but I don't remember.I plan on going on Sat.we should all waer little name tags that say quilting board member,that way we can spot each other
    Love the name tag idea, vunderbar !

    And/Or we could meet up at the Guild Table (right around the corner when one first walks in the doors) at a certain time on any or all of the days.

    It would be nice to meet y'all and since I'll have my camera pictures would be in order ~ it's gonna be a great show!

    Any takers??????


    I didn't realize Lake Havasu had a show, but I certainly could put that one on my list ;D

    This is Tucson's 32nd Annual and I even though I didn't start quilting until 5 or so years ago (still a beginner) I've been attending quilt shows for much longer! So much Beauty say nothing of the talent all under one roof!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.