Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need help creating a design wall

I would like to create a fabric design wall but need some help/ideas. My sewing area is in my basement and I also rent the duplex I live in so affixing something to concrete walls would not be good. I know that I can get the 4 x 8 sheets of the foam insulation at Home Depot, etc. and then cover them with fabric. My question is if I want to use two of the 4 x 8 sheets side by side what should I use to attach them together? Would covering them with flannel be the best covering? Also if I do attach them and then cover them do you think just leaning them up against the wall would be okay?

Thanks for the help and ideas I appreciate it!!

Mindy-WI :)

I would attach them together with Duck tape and yes leaning them against the wall will work just fine.

i used felt to cover mine and you could probably just lean them but i would buy as thick as i could afford if leaning them as they will sag in the middle if not supported the duck tape sounds like a good idea

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here's what I did, and it works perfectly:

Buy a Warm & Natural queen sized batting. Sew a pocket about 2 inches in the top and bottom ends. Put a curtain rod or shower curtain rod in the top pocket and hang however or where ever you want . I put a length of baseboard in the bottom pocket of mine to hold the middle slightly taut. It works great!!

ahhhh finally a chance to be male helps on this board! LOL It's actually called DUCT tape, and it would be perfect
    David

Banned
    Haha...too funny David!
    Yup just use some duct tape to tape the foam together and to tape the fabric to the back. You can use flannel for sure. I use fleece on mine because I got it on sale...

Quote Originally Posted by davidwent
    ahhhh finally a chance to be male helps on this board! LOL It's actually called DUCT tape, and it would be perfect
    David
    Want to know something? I knew that my latest roll calls it Duck tape!! LOL

Jim
    Walmart has a brand of DUCT tape named DUCK tape..it comes in all varieties of tape from cellophane to electrical...LOL DAVID ..good call

Blog Entries
    As suggested, purchase the thickest insulation board and it should last you a long time.
    I like using the wide Warm and Natural Batting, the fabric really sticks well to it :D:D:D

did you see the post about using Christmas Wreath over the door hangers & curtain rod? Maybe you need yours wider than a regular door.

http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com you have to scroll down Jan. 18th maybe)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast